Arado Ar196A-3

;D i like the look of the kit so i will buy it, but prob wont build it for a long time :)

Gonna order another one myself ;)....must get to Netmerchants before you do ....lol ;D :p

Chris.

Im only joking mate ;D well worth getting for the stash though ;)

Chris.

well if i dont make a B... of the Swordfish ill grab one but that should be ok, I hope

The Swordfish is nice ,keep meaning to get Tamiya's kit ..I fancy that one ;D

Chris.

thats the one, the one i have the Mk II, im still waiting on teh etch from my lhs

All credit to you Chris. The job you have done on that cockpit is outstanding. That looks like a show winner to me. I am loving watching you piece this together. Thank you for sharing the journey with us. Looking forward to more.

Thanks fella's ,but really the credit goes to the kit !...all I have done is a bit of painting ,the detail is all there for you ;)

Chris.

SWEET SASSY MOLASSY

This is some amazing work. Very inspirational. I'm going to have to channel my inner Chris S and get to the workbench.

Myke .... ;D Channeling your inner Chris S !!!....thats something ya maybe dont want to do buddy !!
Thanks for the very kind words tho' ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Thanks chaps :)

I got the seat painted up and installed ......

DSCF4088.jpg

Which meant i had all these bits ready to assemble ;D

DSCF4089.jpg

Which I did ;D ;D

DSCF4097.jpg
DSCF4096.jpg
DSCF4093.jpg
DSCF4092.jpg
DSCF4091.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Just fantastic work Chris!!! I'm liking this kit more and more.

Terry

Thanks again guys ;)

Norm ,you can actually see quite a bit of it ,especially with the big open canopy :D

Speaking of which , This is the last time you'll see the cockpit before it gets closed up in the fuselage .

I installed the last few parts ...gunner/navigator seat & back rest and the ammo rack . Still have the rear gun & mount ,also the forward gunsight to go in ,but they will go in later .

DSCF4107.jpg

I forgot I added the forward machine gun too ;D

DSCF4108.jpg

More coming ...

Moving on ..... ;D

Over the weekend I got the interior walls of the fuselage and a few other bits painted up ready for assembly . The interior was based with black ,then the XF22 RLM Grey ,then I lightened it and sprayed a patchy coat on just to add a bit of depth .

DSCF4109.jpg

Then it was time to close up the fuselage ??? I must admit I did have concerns about how well this would all go together especially with the belly of the aircraft being already fixed to the cockpit !
However ...it all went together a breeze and minimal filling will be needed ...seams mostly ;D

DSCF4110.jpg
DSCF4113.jpg
DSCF4114.jpg
DSCF4112.jpg

DSCF4111.jpg

I will let that dry before adding the nose cone .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back