AMT Trek K'Tinga ST: The Motion Picture

Bring forth... the CHOPPER!

Excellent job Glorfindel. She'll make warp speed now. :D

I have a pair of these in my stash so I'll be watching closely! I hope mine are in better shape, not so sure I'm up to re-making the neck base like you did. Great job! That makes me want to grab a Chopper II!

The Chopper! I used it a bit this evening. Always fun. Extremely small update tonight as I found myself unprepared to model today. Pretty much finished off the repairs to the neck so I'm checking that off the worry about/to do list.

Completeneck.jpg
Completeneck2.jpg

Going to attempt something here to try and salvage the shoulder piece. If it doesn't work then I'll go back to my original plan of scratching a new one. Recycling whats already here can't hurt.
So I created a few templates and attached them to the shoulder plate. Drilled out the holes and have this.

Templates.jpg
Templatesresults.jpg

Strange. It looks better in person but now I look at it in pictures the holes in the middle on the left side look really bad. Like their dipping down. Hmmm. ::)
Onward.

Enginework.jpg

I could have sworn I had a great set of files for times like this. Where the heck could they be?

Glorfindel said:
I could have sworn I had a great set of files for times like this. Where the heck could they be?

I'd definately blame the Romulans. ;D

Great work Glorfindel. You've got loads done on her already.

You are braver than I am, Glorfindel! And I love the idea of a Chopper for a prize! I gave Scott a little extra scratch on the side with my entry fee... maybe it'll go to one of these? ;)

Keep it up! ;D

Okay made a little visit to Harbor Freights this evening after work and picked up a 10 piece set of Diamond Needle Files to replace the missing set. $7.99, not bad...they also have $3.99 and $4.99 sets if anyone's look'n. Regular metal files not the diamond variety.

Nice recovery on the neck.

Coming along very nicely with the mods for lighting as well

Excellent work with the neck and preparation for lighting.
This is going to beepic, mate! :)

Thanks for the comments guys. Means a lot. I'm a bit in limbo as I wait for the JT Graphics AM to arrive. Need to see what I have to do next to proceed.

So I'm working on what I can. Had half a day at work and had me some modeling fun.
Installed some optics and made a few internal modifications.

Klingonoptics.jpg

I filled in the kit supplied support hole with Bondo and drilled a 1/4" hole to except a brass tube that, as you all know, will run my power supply through.

Klingonsupporthole.jpg

Klingonwingmod.jpg
klingonnacellemodify.png

Today's gaff.

Klingonmishap.jpg
klingonfix.jpg

Whipped up a couple of light boxes for housing LED's for the impulse engines.

Lightboxesforimpulseengines.jpg
Drilledimpulseengineslightboxes.jpg

Little dry fitting.

Dryfitoflightboxes.jpg

Installed first by customizing the fit of the light boxes to conform to the uneven plastic
inside the hull. Then wrapped them in foil tape as this is excellent for light blocking. Finally kneaded up some quick drying two part epoxy putty from a stick and filled in around the seams being careful to push in and fan out for a greater bond. Within 20 minutes this stuff is rock hard and not going anywhere.

Lightboxesinstalled.jpg

That's it for today. No JT Graphics AM yet.

Latest posts

Back