AMT Trek K'Tinga ST: The Motion Picture

Glorfindel

Oh' yeah, this is the puppy from 1970/something.
Some JT Graphics AM yet to arrive specifically the Bridge and Bulb sets. In the next 12 weeks I'm going to try and finish this dog with bulb, bridge, command deck, shoulders, and impulse engines lit up! And if I'm lucky strobe lights at the back of the nacelles and maybe the back of the bridge somewhere. Won't be screen accurate but I'll add a little extra to give it a bit more pop.

KligonCruiser.jpg

This isn't Kansas....this is heaven!

Oh cool! Can we swap? ;D

I saw this reviewed on youtube not long ago by Trekworks. Should be a really fun build.

Q'pla Glorf, son of .... ;D

Good luck dude!

lobo734 what's the worst that can happen? It's plastic not real life. My donation and entry fee for this is what really matters. All else is for fun. And for the record...I'll not let even a nasty Klingon neck defeat me! Bwaaaa Bwaaaa!! ;D

Great attitude. That kit just brings back a the memory of one my greatest modeling disasters, it dealt with a overtightened clamp a pool of CA and a cat that did not forgive me for a year. But alas thats between me and my shrink :p
Good luck again have fun with it.

GOOD LORD WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO! I just opened the plastic bag up and part of the back end of the neck was unformed in the mold! LOL. Also the shoulders to this come no where close to fitting in where they're supposed to. It's like it's a different part altogether. I'm cracking up looking at this.

Click the image to view the whole pic.

Partsfit1.jpg
Partsfit3.jpg
Partsfit4.jpg
Brokentip.jpg

I kind of have an idea on how to fix the shoulder plate. The base of the neck seems a bit of a challenge. I need to sleep on this and wait for my other AM to come in before I do anything anyway. This is going to be a tough little model to put together. Definitely going to push the scratch building skills to get this bird to fly.

Wow, I have one of these in the stash, need to get it out and do some looking.

I doubt all of them are this bad, maybe a trip to Evilbay is in store....

I will build another of these one day.

but only when the scaring of the last one has faded from my soul.

good luck!

(ps, your attitude to the contest makes me smile. im not sure about entering, as my piece is a little............. complex)

OMG! That's horrendous! To think all these years, that's been sitting in it's box waiting to unleash itself of an unsuspecting modeler!

Dave, go for it man! It's fun and it supports the site. :)

I just got home from my nephews birthday pizza party. My sister sneaks me about 4 Capt. Morgans with ginger ale to get me into the festive mood. Now I'm home feeling good about how I'm going to attack a Klingon Battle Cruiser with a very sharp Exact hobby knife in hand with a brand spanking new #11 blade. I contemplate the dotted lines on my wrists. I back off...laugh out loud....it's only plastic man!!!
Let the skills competition begin!

Oh' and John, this already was a kit from a trip to EBay. Go figure.

Igard no blood was spilled on this night!

NecronautDrummer the work is the fun! I'll show you.

I decided to jump into this before Game of Thrones premiered. Pics will tell the story.

Plan1.jpg
Plan2.jpg
Plan3.jpg
Plan4.jpg
Plan5.jpg
Plan6.jpg
Plan7.jpg
Plan8.jpg

A little bit of detailing still to do and some putty work then clean up. Other then that this part of the disaster is done. I'll sand the white styrene at the back join later to fit the new shoulders I'm making for this. Totally a custom job there. Pretty satisfied with how this came out.
OH' YEAH!

Latest posts

Back