Airfix 1:72 Mk Ia Spitfire

Today's work

the third and possibly final coat of dark earth
Thirdcoat.jpg

the second coat on this side of the rudder
ruddersecond.jpg

Coming along DB ,the Dark Earth looks better now :)

Chris.

I've made a heck of a lot of progress today.
parts masked
PICT0025.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

After airbrushing.
PICT0038.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

A bit of spray leak
PICT0030.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

Bit annoying when the paint goes where you dont want it :mad: Looks like you have it in hand tho' .

Chris.

Here's today's work guys

I think I've beaten the the landing gear
undercaragefin.jpg

The Arial mast
radiomast.jpg

I forgot to post this picture the other day lesson learned mask the underside

Oh dear ! Bit of paint leakage huh :( Im sure you'll get that sorted easy ;)

Chris.

I got a satin coat on her today hope hopefully it works like a gloss coat when decaling

Looks good DB , As Jason says a little Micro Sol would help the decals . even tho they are dry ,the sol will soak in and allow you to move the decal again ,so you could get that wrinkle out ...just take care ;)

Chris.

Darkblade88 said:
I'm not. is it advisable

I like to use it. I've never used it to move a decal, good tip to remember. Typically I use it to reduce wrinkles and to get he decal to conform better to a surface.

For decals, I wet the models surface with either water or microset. After the decal is in position, I use a cotton swab to push the excess water or set out from under the decal. I start with the swab in the center of the decal and use gentle pressure and rolling the swab as I go. Then I apply Microsol. The decal will wrinkle up, it will look ruined, but don't touch it. As soon as the solvent causes it to wrinkle up, the decal is softened, and tears easily. After the decal solvent dries, most if not all of the wrinkles should be gone. Some decals need more than one application...

When you see it up close it is a big ole wrinkle isnt it ! ...if you were careful with a fine brush you could touch in the white parts of the letter to match up the edges ,up to you tho ,just a suggestion .

Chris.

Hi guys I got a little work done on her today.

Taped up ready for prop touch ups
PICT0001-4.jpg

the exhausts
PICT0003-2.jpg

some weathering done in on her. I'm probably going add some gray to her
PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0005-4.jpg

this might be my last photo up date until the end of the week as I'm borrowing my brothers laptop as my pc hasn't got a. Video card in it at the moment as my mum is borrowing it until her new one comes. and he's geting rather impatient.

DB88 out

Latest posts

Back