AFV Club M35A2

spud said:
haha jelly i know what you mean but im lucky my woman dont care what i do with "MY" money :) just once im happy she is left alone :p

;D Oh, my man...

No, I was joking... ;) she likes a lot having me mouth-closed with the plastic kits & this stuff... she knows that otherwise I would be wandering around the house snarling... ;D

She likes this hobby, so by now there are zero troubles with the matter. ;)

chears fumblethumbs, here is a pic of it primed, i started off using vellajo grey primer on there wheels but it started to go beady so switched to the hull red and it went on fine on this bit,
IMG_0001-2.jpg

so painted the chassy last night and build the cab so i could get stuck into it today.

so the resin Doors are too small.
IMG_0001-3.jpg
i done some searching and it looks like all the doors i saw were taller and to the top of teh window. so i build my own,
IMG_0003-2.jpg ill flatsand the bolts to even them up.

Looking good Spud , not waiting about are ya ;D Nice bit of scratching there too ;)

Chris.

nope :) cab is finished and so is the bed, So now the fun i begins ;D

well ***k.

looks ok thins pic dont it.
IMG_0005-2.jpg

no so in these
IMG_0006-1.jpg
IMG_0007-1.jpg
IMG_0008-1.jpg

i may just scratch up a new box altogether...

now at least it fits. will do scribe lines tomorrow and bolt detail along with building teh interior of the box.
IMG_0626.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg

the resin kit isnt a total loss there is still lotsa bits i will use.

Nice scratching fella !...much better looking than the resin !, looks like it would of needed a lot of fettling . A few lines and bolts ,you'd never know :).

Chris.

yep i have some lines in need to do the bolts next but teh mox is done, ill post a pic in a wee bit

ok here is a few pics.
IMG_0001-4.jpg
IMG_0004-2.jpg
IMG_0002-3.jpg
IMG_0003-3.jpg

still need to add the bolt details and some more work on the storage bins,

Yip ...That looks sweet bud ;)...nice and square too .

Chris.

ok ive spent the last few hours many in drips and drabs chiping and sticking on "bolts" i think its done for now i may add some to the rear plate, one side is sanded and it came up good.

IMG_0005-3.jpg
IMG_0006-2.jpg
IMG_0008-2.jpg

arse just noticed the plate with the angle on it is on teh wrong side so i had to take off .. Grrr

I don't foresee myself doing that level of scratchbuilding for a long time, but I do have a question. I had to paste some styrene 'bolts' onto my build. I would touch the brush from my Extra Thin cement pot to the area on the model where the bolt would go, then pick up the cut styrene rod with one finger and gently touch it to the cement brush bristles, stick it on gently, and carefully lift my finger away. I would have a few seconds to re-adjust the position, if needed, using a #11 blade.
I purposely cut the rod a little long, then sand the bolt down once it's cured.
Is there a better way to do this, or is this what you all do, more or less? I found that using tweezers would distort the bolt shape and/or leave lines in the piece once the cement started attacking the plastic, so I'm not doing that anymore.

Thanks for the help, and looking good, spud! It's giving me confidence that even you experts make silly mistakes like I do sometimes. Press on!

haha im no Expert! but i like to get stuck in.

the way i do the bolts is stick the tip of the blade into the bolt to pick it up then brush on the glue to the bolt then position it were i want it hold for a few second for the bond to take effect, and once i have them all in place i go over them with the File.

it's im possible to cut them all right unless you have a punch an die set somthing im defo going to invest in.,

and thanks for the comments and your welcome also :)

Latest posts

Back