AFV Club M1126 Stryker

P5300724.jpg

Tweezers!

P6060725.jpg
Turret's finished. Ooops...

P6060726.jpg
I'll be shooting primer tomorrow, after attaching the side panels. I still need to build and attach the rear doors, but I want to be able to lift and turn the model without damaging the sides or top. Some areas will need primer before other stuff gets added anyways: mirrors, the tow cable assembly behind the driver, and all those straps!

Happy modelling!

Build looks great. Love that turret. Looks like tons of weathering opportunities await!

what do you have in mind for the Periscopes ? did you get the Film ? or you will make your own ?

Nice job over all ... she is a beauty !

Norm.

P6130724.jpg
So close!!! I almost got the build done tonight. Just a few more things: tow cable, turret, the other hull side, and the flippin' tools. I have PE straps for them, and I need some advice guys... prime, paint then finish mounting them before weathering, or mount them all before prime & paint?
m1126_icv_123_of_172.jpg

schweinhund227 said:
what do you have in mind for the Periscopes ? did you get the Film ? or you will make your own ?

Nah, I got the AFV Club laser-reflective periscope sticker set. Might be tricky trying to get them mounted, though...

Thanks for looking, everyone! But it's bedtime, I'm afraid. I promise I'll check out everyone's builds Friday night while the primer dries! ;D

The Film is Self sticking I believe ! should be a breeze to install ! Good luck with them !

It will look OUTSTANDING when you are done.. she is a beauty as it is... Lots of effort went into her....

Be proud ! she is a winner in my book ! Can't wait for more !

Norm.

You are right FRUIT ! POP it is !!! Wow ! Nice Machine !

Glad you got to that stage.... NOW... run to the finish line ! There is still time !

PAINT!
P6170725.jpg
I started with a base color of Tamiya Olive Green, then highlighted with a mixture of Tamiya NATO Green and Vallejo Medium Green. I shot each of the MEXAS (is that what they are?) applique armor plates, any large relief parts, and the edges of the hull, progressively adding more Medium Green and working towards the centre of each plate or part over the course of about 3 passes. I really don't think this pic does it justice. Trust me, it looks SICK!!! ;D ;D ;D

And now onto this...
P6170726.jpg
Slicing off pour blocks, sanding and cleaning up these guys. First time ever working with resin. Respirator and Simple Green at the ready!

I'm not having a heck of a lot of luck finding pics of the stowage load-outs and strapping layouts of these vehicles while deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm going for a pre-slat armor-era vehicle (hence the old style driver front periscope). I've looked on War Wheels, Prime Portal, the US Army pages, and some other place like tankstuff.ws or something. Any suggestions for other image or picture sites?

Thanks everyone! ;D

Vinyl tires and mold release residue has always been a concern for me. They look so shiny straight out of the box! ??? Will my paint/weathering adhere to them? I just got a bottle of Simple Green to degrease my resin pieces. Could I use it safely to degrease the vinyl tires without damaging them? Are there any other tips out there?

PS. How long do you all soak your resin in Simple Green? Do you have a mix ratio you use with success?

ND ,

I've never tried Simple Green on resin to clean it with. I've just used some dish detergent & soaked them with some Warm water. That usually works for Me. Not sure if exposing th Tyres to th Simple Green is a good idea. How about using some Dawn liquid Dish detergent. It's a good grease cutter & mild enough not to damage th Tires. ???? Soap up th tires & maybe hit them with a soft scrub brush , rinse , & let dry ???

Soak it them rinse in hot water! It's more like a Heavy duty Soap than enathing else?

Load the B. h. The way you would any other Truck! There is no standard! Onless its an inspection! The big Square racks on either sides are dedicated to ruck sacks anyways! The ret on the roof is All game!
Unless you are going or a specific unit and time stamp specific??? Using. Photo!

Best of luck! This is going to rock either way! It's looking mighty fine right now as it stands!

Norm.

Stowage got a couple coats of primer last night and tonight. It'll see paint over the next few days.
Some parting shots before it gets some clear coats and decals...
P6190724.jpg
P6190725.jpg
I still need to add the rest of the pioneer tools. They got primer tonight as well.

P6190727.jpg
P6190726.jpg
I don't know about you, but I think the gun camera lens looks pretty nice. I painted inside the camera housing with Tamiya Dark Iron, put several coats of Smoke on both sides of the lens, and secured it in place with a couple generous coats of Future.

Happy modelling! ;D

Latest posts

Back