accurate minatures 1/48 SBD-2 dauntless

warbird_cowboy

ive got time on my hands after slipping on ice and messing up my back so ive been working on a SBD-2 (slow but deadly) Dauntless with a Eduard detail kit here are the cockpit shots this is my first time using Eduards stuff. i like them but i think they need to send you with extra throttle levers i think i sent a few of them flying across the room

IMG_8149_zpse95c59cc.jpgIMG_8152_zps4fd205fb.jpgIMG_8153_zpsfd61ec1c.jpgIMG_8154_zps16ad540e.jpgIMG_8155_zps45d6be46.jpg

Sorry to hear about your fall. Nice work in the office. Brave of you taking on an Accu Mini kit. I had fits with a Mustang from them and when I went to bounce a question off them I found out they were long out of business. But I digress. Great start, love the Dauntless.

Nice work on the SBD-1 interior. The details look great.

J

Glorfindel said:
Sorry to hear about your fall. Nice work in the office. Brave of you taking on an Accu Mini kit. I had fits with a Mustang from them and when I went to bounce a question off them I found out they were long out of business. But I digress. Great start, love the Dauntless.

i have the recon mustang kit still in the box. im loving the details in this kit and the fuselage half's went together no problem

Very nice work on the pit, the PE really makes a difference and don't worry we've all been there when it comes to launching it into space :D Try picking up the small bits with the point of a toothpick by wetting it with your tongue first.

there is bad gap issues between the wings and the dive flaps are warped but its coming along. here is the progress as of today

IMG_8157_zpsf9557009.jpgIMG_8159_zpsa18d30c9.jpgIMG_8161_zps3d979ef0.jpg

im not to thrilled on how this one is coming out. i made the mistake of painting the dive flaps first thinking i was going to mask them off but that proved to be a pain in the butt. now they have a faded look from the over spray but im not sure i like it Vs. nice repainted ones what do you guys think

IMG_8170_zpsb19dada3.jpgIMG_8169_zpsafa94639.jpg

Warbird don't be put off by the faded flaps. Much of the top side surfaces would be faded anyway, and slight changes in tonality of the base coat would happen on the real thing. A bit of weathering, albeit slight, can help tie things together. She's looking great, don't be discouraged.

Excellent! 8)
Glorfindel said:
Warbird don't be put off by the faded flaps. Much of the top side surfaces would be faded anyway, and slight changes in tonality of the base coat would happen on the real thing. A bit of weathering, albeit slight, can help tie things together. She's looking great, don't be discouraged.
I agree, very good advice.

Latest posts

Back