'66 Chevy Caprice Conversion.

Captain Caveman III

"Captain Caveman"!
I built this one form a Revell '66 chevy Impala. This onw was built for the own of our local hobby shop. "Hammond Hobbies"!
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project60.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project46.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project58.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project59.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project62.jpg

I have full interior photos comming!

Sweet build !!.... I like that Green ,which colour is it ?

Chris.

"Chris" I used three colors mixed. All Testors: BOYD High Gloss Clear#52720, Jade Green mt#1530, Gloss Black#1147.
Here's some interior shots. MY my calling cars is to alway add a pack of coca cola or just one can.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project25.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project24.jpg

I used Alclad II to make most of the chrome trim. Making for the trim paint job.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project34.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project37.jpg

Awesome Looking Build!!! Excellent Use Of The Alclad. Love The Coke Cans As Well.

Thanks "TC" here some more shots.
First I made some "Mardi gras beads" for the rear view mirror. In south louisiand mardi gras beads are a big thing.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project41.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project42.jpg

Sorry that the engine is not all that, as the own of this model told me not to go all out on the engine bay.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project44.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project29.jpg
The underside.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project50.jpg

"TC" if you like this one I hope you will like this '73 Dodge Dart Sport I build.(Seen in the background)
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project49.jpg

Here's some know stuff you need to see... Silly Putty masking, Rear Roof Reconstruction. I think that about it for what I't took me to build this easy project.
66-Chevy_Caprice_Project7.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project17.jpg

66-Chevy_Caprice_Project1.jpg

whats that fleshy looking stuff on the under side and what is it for?

Should have asked this in my previous post. Is the chrome straight off the sprue, Alclad, or do you use some sort of burnish-on chrome transfer? Thanks!!

I only used Alclad on the bodys trim. All othere chrome parts are straight from the kit. "NecronautDrummer" Unlike my '73 Dart, I had to replate those bumpers, but not here.

Latest posts

Back