2014 BSC Categories

Only 2 sleeps left (or one if I start a midnight build). Finally nailed down my prototype ideas. Yes I said ideas. More than one build is usually a stretch but... We will see. Kit #1 is ready and so am I. Let's crack some plastic!

OK, I will enter :)
Definately Dio and maybe also Sci-Fi, we'll see.

If I understand it correctly the entries are not anonymus, correct?
Since there will be a Best Build Thread award, I assume it is encouraged you maintain a blog and update it, correct?
If so, is there a special place, or should it be done in the standard categories (i.e. Sci-Fi or Dio)?

Aaaaand, last not least - if we maintain a build thread, I seem to recall that entries may not be shown in their final, painted state....
So when should we stop showing?

And sorry for the stupid questions :p
Cheers
Klaus

Klaus, not stupid questions. There will be a dedicated section of the forum that opens up tomorrow for the contest. If you look at last years section you'll see how it all works .

So first of march is here for me anyway and I have not even gone through the stash yet :-/
I guess I know what my weekend consists of.
I also have 2 other builds on the go for my local club, which need to be done by July. Thankfully one is still in the box so maybe a quick 2nd entry (1/32 airfix car) once I figure out what my first will be.
I would throw it open for a vote but the last time I did that it needed up with a kit that is so badly moulded I considered doing a 'at the bottom of the lake' diorama with it :)

Klaus said:
If I understand it correctly the entries are not anonymus, correct?

They can be anonymous if you chose to, it is not mandatory to show your work in a thread.

Klaus said:
Aaaaand, last not least - if we maintain a build thread, I seem to recall that entries may not be shown in their final, painted state....
So when should we stop showing?

You absolutely may show it completed if you want to.

FichtenFoo said:
Biskup said:
I had those:
http://industriamechanika.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_11&products_id=8
In my hand.
The details weren't crisp but a bit blurry and on 2 of them there were quite big mould lines.
Not to mention that the guy who bought them received badly matched set (2 same bodies without the correct one). It's over a year now and he still hasn’t received correct part.
But hay that might be just "lucky" set so that's why asked about the quality of the other kits.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. I started/own/run/slave at Industria Mechanika. Tell him to email me because that should not have happened. I'll confirm the order and send him a replacement set. I assume the caster was suppose to send out a replacement part direct to him but didn't. That caster who originally cast the Deckhands and a few others (1/24 DH, Barrio, Sasha, 1/35 Sasha) was fired for shoddy work and too many excuses. The original deckhand master prints were broken in the firing process (as well as my 1/24 scale masters) but I had the 1/35 Deckhands reprinted and with my new figure caster and the casts are amazingly crisp. Better than plastic really. Same new/better caster with Sasha in 1/35 and 1/32 and all of our other small figures.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the kits though! I'm a modeler so quality is very important to me since I produce the stuff I want to build! You can view my personal work at http://fichtenfoo.com.
I just read the interview wirh you in the Amazing Figure Modeler and I must say it was great and I'm really impressed.

As we get closer to the end date I will open an entry form.

In the meantime you can post a thread showing your model for the All Open...or not; your choice.

Hi Scott, I sent payment for 2 entries but not sure if I should enter my second entry in the all open since I have unsealed the box?

Unsealed box is cool - no worries.

As long as the kit isn't started you're good. Inspecting sprues is fine; we all do it. ;)

Latest posts

Back