2012 BSC - Questions

You might put it on the dio category :p let them think the center of the story. ;D

JMac said:
Scott,
I was going to enter this morning, and I noticed the form had no option to attach a picture. Is this correct, do I have to use a web based photo share site like Photobucket or similar?

Jason

It's Ok. I found a way.

JMac said:
Scott,
I was going to enter this morning, and I noticed the form had no option to attach a picture. Is this correct, do I have to use a web based photo share site like Photobucket or similar?

Jason

Yes, please.

I saw you figured it out but thought I'd answer just the same.

Hey Scott, great job running the contest so far. One day into the contest and the threads are filling up. My question is how are you going to eat, sleep, work, and build all at the same time? Have you decided to give something up? For real, just wanted to thank you and everybody involved for putting this thing together!

I am wondering if the threads could be grouped according to categories? It becomes difficult to find the topic you were interested to see the answers since we have mass of entries!

I totally agree with bizarre I would clean up this section also. I can also understand if you don't want to :)

You could always use the new bookmark feature built in to the forum to have a quick link to the builds you want to follow...

HA!

It's just the having 6 Child Boards gets awkward as well. Let's just have a big mess and bookmark what you want to return too.

If anything, it allows everyone to 'play in the same sandbox' and you might visit a build outside of your normal go-to genre, get to know members a bit better and see some builds that you normally wouldn't see.

Remember, you gotta vote for each category too.

good point scott im not big on sci fi models but there is a lot of that and i wouldnt see them if i had other sub boards, So Good call

just bookmarking a few that peek my interest for now :)

Just to be contrary, I don’t really agree with the big sandbox argument.

If anything, the “big sandbox” is making me even more unlikely to visit a thread since I’m currently feeling completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of threads within this subforum.
Thus, I’m far more likely to just skim over the first page without clicking on any thread, than I am actually clicking on something that might be interesting.

its not as bad when you are interested in a some just bookmark them. ive bookmarked a few and i will still flcik trough these topics and see what people are getting upto.

As I said, I don't even open any of the threads so kinda hard to bookmark. There are just so many of them that I can't really figure out which ones I might want to open. Kinda just gave up on it...

Scott Girvan said:
HA!

It's just the having 6 Child Boards gets awkward as well. Let's just have a big mess and bookmark what you want to return too.

If anything, it allows everyone to 'play in the same sandbox' and you might visit a build outside of your normal go-to genre, get to know members a bit better and see some builds that you normally wouldn't see.

Remember, you gotta vote for each category too.

I did not see it in the rules (I just might have missed it also); when it comes time to vote, are you planning to have catagory based galleries for members to vote from (similar to last year)? Still limited to five pictures?

And is the build threads section going to get unlocked, with all the threads currently piling up in the main BSC 2012 folder getting moved to the build threads section?

Jason

JMac said:
And is the build threads section going to get unlocked, with all the threads currently piling up in the main BSC 2012 folder getting moved to the build threads section?

I'm pretty sure that's just a sticky topic telling you to post your thread here in this section as people are doing.

I like seeing all of the builds, so I have been reading through all of the threads.

One thing to remember, posting in the contest threads will slow over the next few weeks. Right now everyone is excited about the contest, so they are posting what they want to build, and there are a lot of comments about what they are building. These will slow down when everyone gets busy.

Latest posts

Back