2012 BSC - Questions

JMac said:
...when it comes time to vote, are you planning to have catagory based galleries for members to vote from (similar to last year)? Still limited to five pictures?

Yes, final entries will be divided into Child Boards. 6 pictures this time round.

JMac said:
And is the build threads section going to get unlocked, with all the threads currently piling up in the main BSC 2012 folder getting moved to the build threads section?

That's just stating to post build threads in the main board. There will be a separate section for finals.

f2k said:
Just to be contrary, I don’t really agree with the big sandbox argument.

If anything, the “big sandbox” is making me even more unlikely to visit a thread since I’m currently feeling completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of threads within this subforum.
Thus, I’m far more likely to just skim over the first page without clicking on any thread, than I am actually clicking on something that might be interesting.

It's not an 'argument', it's the founding thought behind SMA. I made this site to encourge people to look outside of their box and discover other genres and the value of seeing how other folks do things.

Had I not dabbled in Armor and built only StarWars I would have robbed myself of tons of techniques and lessons etc...

If you visit the top three-five threads once a day you'll get a feel for all the builds...or not. Your choice.

I know it's probably ok but just making sure. I have a kit that was given to me, nothing built but everything off the sprues. It's all there (but I'm modifying it anyway) so it's good for use in the contest?

Yeah if it was a gift and came that way, you didn't work on it...that's be alright.

TRM said:
John, can you trade Breaver Nuggets for entry? :-X

;)

LOL! Shipping would probably be more than the entry fee. I have some on hand, do you want me to ship you a package?

LOL...not yet John!! I need to get the "Fevor for the Flovor"....of the nuggets first!! I would sneak a pack in one of the kits you have to give away!!! SURPRISE...no plastic...just nuggets!!! ;D

To be honest, the thought has crossed my mind.....

But my YouTube channel is close to 1000 subs, so I will have it as a prize for the contest I will have when I reach that mark. Should be by the end of April.

Eastrock said:
Maybe a zombified Squid Entry for John ;D

LOL!!!

That thought never crossed my mind....

Can we change the category of our entry during the contest after we have registered it? Say I'm building a tank and part way through the build decide I want to do a diorama with it. Can I change my mind?

What about Visa Versa? Say I enter a tank as part of a dio and think "I'm never ganna get this dio done" and enter it as a stand alone tank in armour.

I accidentally put the category for my entry under armor instead of diorama, it there a way you can change that?

Would it be possible to see a DATA BASE of all entries....

i.e.
Armour= 50
Air=20
Juniors.... = 10
sci fi...
Dio

Cuz I'm pretty sure the Tread posts... aren't reflecting the real participants numbers...

if that's not too much asking ????

oh... is the forum membership registration going to be closed as well ??? like last year ?

once again... not trying to stir anything... just asking questions !

Yes, registration will close before the vote, then reopen after.

Datebase of entries...well, if this were a real 'land based' contest you'd have no way of knowing who is going to walk through the door. :)

I agree with Norm about a count total for the catagories.

As someone not posting a build thread, (and as the build threads are all lumped together - ie difficult to total as is); it'd be kind of nice to see how many builds are registered in each category. Might be good information for those who want to enter the contest but have yet to decide which category to concentrate effort into...

Jason

If this were a real 'land based' contest you'd have no way of knowing who is going to walk through the door. :)

Latest posts

Back