1st spray thru new Iwata brush

cargoman5126

Anything in scale I'm into it...
It's been a long time since I've used an airbrush and was really rusty but the CN even being an intro type brush is still very nice..Isn't a great paint job with 4 light coats with sanding in between..Still have to apply clear coats and final polishing..
dusting009800x600_zps3bfa5c2a.jpg
dusting008800x600_zps7730a378.jpg

Testors acrylic, thinned at 20% with water/A-B cleaner mix (80%water to 20% airbrush cleaner) at 45psi. 3 lite mist coats with a sanding between 2nd and 3rd spray, no clearcoat.
thanx

Being that it is Testors acrylic (which usually comes out satin to matt regardless of color), and spraying at 45psi, just the high pressure would be enough to partially dry the paint before it hits the kit, giving you the rough textured finish.

I haven't used the Testors acrylic stuff much, but what I did use, was pretty thin to start with and didn't need much thinning to airbrush.

Your thinning ratio is probably good, but your airpressure is way too high. 20psi would probably be more than enough to paint, lower when you are doing the final "wet" coat.

Was replicating a super cheap paint job..Only sanded once. no clear, high pressure to get paint to slightly dry before settling..Extra thin also to replicate cheap paint job on real car..thanx

Latest posts

Back