Airbrushing spray cans

CY343491

Hi,
I've found some acrylic spray cans in my local hobby store which i want to use on my models, also i want to use spray varnishes, but i can't use spray cans no matter what i do, i always overspray when spraying with cans. Is it a proper way to pour it to airbrush then spraying them with airbrush? As we know all spray cans includes solvents, will it damage airbrush seals? How can i clean my airbrush after operation? I wanted to get information due to your experiences. Thanks all

Yes, you can decant spray cans into a container for airbrushing. It won’t hurt the seals in your airbrush. Clean your airbrush after with lacquer thinner or acetone.

Just curious, why did you buy spray cans if you knew you weren’t going to use them? That’s pretty expensive.

Were they callouts in a Tamiya kit?

Yes, you can decant spray cans into a container for airbrushing. It won’t hurt the seals in your airbrush. Clean your airbrush after with lacquer thinner or acetone.

Just curious, why did you buy spray cans if you knew you weren’t going to use them? That’s pretty expensive.

Were they callouts in a Tamiya kit?
Thanks for answer, cans were on discount and really cheap when you compare it's quantity. Also there were no callout, just the main colors like khaki, olive green, olive drab, sandy yellow i just tried some colors on a cardboard, i liked the tones and bought, also bought some acrylic varnishes

There are probably many videos on decanting paint from rattlecans, but I always think of this pair of videos that Brett Green, the editor of Hyperscale, did and posted in that forum:

You might find those useful. I have never tried it, though; haven't had the urge.

Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back