Best Airflow for Airbrush Spray Booth - Down? Back?

Greysteele

I'm thinking about fixin' to start pondering building an airbrush spray booth. I'm considering having the airflow exhaust downward, built into one of my garage workbenches. I'm also toying with the idea that maybe the whole setup could double as a sanding table, but that's not a priority.

In my prior airbrush setup, I had a rear exhaust booth. My engineer-trained gut is telling me that a downward airflow *should* be superior, but it's been known to be wrong before.

Does anyone here have sufficient experience with both rearward and downward airflow booths to give me some advice? Thanks in advance!

It's plenty of airflow for an airbrush .
Of course , without the adjustable intake ports all the airflow would be down at the suction end .

I like that it's super quiet since the shopvac is at the other end of the house .

I've got a 6" 300 cfm explosion-proof exhaust fan sitting on my bench now. The intake I'm planning is only 10" x 20" so it should produce a decent draft.

Will do, but it's just a dream at this point. And, I'm about to start building a 600 sf deck on our house, so it might be a while before I can get to that project.

Latest posts

Back