1950 Chevy Pickup

Excellent job on this Ialarmu!! Nice looking farm veteran there!!! ;)

Excellent work !...What did you use for the hay bales ?

Chris.

lalarmu, that is some amazing work. I am a mechanic by trade and a lover of antique autos. You nailed the realism on this one. I've always wanted to build a clunker but never felt confident about weathering it correctly. awesome job!!!

Very well done and realistic. You really did nail it! I'm also wondering what you used for hay. It is very convincing.

Hi guys, I cut styrofoam into hay bale shapes and painted them dark yellow. I covered the bale with hob-e-tac, let dry and tossed them in a bag of grass flock from woodland scenics. After that I took some normal beige thread and wrapped the bale for that "look" then, trimmed it up with scissors. ;D

WOW! I to am a mechanic by trade, and grew up on a large farm. I have driven many of jewels like that and brings back memories.

You did an outstanding job on the rusted out fenders, looks very real and convincing!

:eek: Really like how this turned out. The rust and red color is not an easy thing to pull off....you've done a great job bud.

scratchmod said:
:eek: Really like how this turned out. The rust and red color is not an easy thing to pull off....you've done a great job bud.

Well, Just so you know a lot of the techniques I've been trying with these vehicles I learned from your Youtube mini series with the tank "range target". So all I can say is thanks and I hope I can continue to get better,(definately not there yet) your rusty armor builds are very inspiring and look amazing. :)

Thank you for checking out the vids, and most important, that they were helpful to you. I've been playing around with the same colors the past month or so, on this baby.

weathering009.jpg

weathering011.jpg

A fun project and something different for me.

Looking forward to your next rust bucket. ;D

That looks great! I really like the exposed bench seat springs, I might steal that idea 8)

The springs were a pain to get done but add character, and a must for a burnt out truck. Was eye balling another pick up kit at the LHS today.....very tempted to do another. Was thinking of a tow truck type truck. This is a bit different than armor, but just as much fun.

I normaly build aircraft, I did my first truck in the spring and now I'm obsessed. One of my clunkers won me an airbrush and another one made it in a magazine, you just never know where our hobby will take you. I think the main thing I like about building civilian vehicles is there are no rules. You can be as creative as you like, there is a lot of freedom in that.

Ialarmu and Scratchmod, it just blows me away how realistic these two trucks are, have been building model cars and trucks most all my adult life and can not achieve this kind of realism. :eek: :eek: :eek: I am inspired now to make my current build a weathered 41 chevy truck. I really need to learn that weathered realism guess I had better become an armor builder....Keep up the awesome work the both of you.

Latest posts

Back