1/48 AT-ST

It's actually a little heavier than the pics show. I'm thinking my camera isn't picking it up that well...maybe it's the white background. mumbles: there's still so much I need to learn about photography

unttld said:
As for the white spirits eating the plastic a few sites have stated that the plastic is polyethylene instead of the more common polystyrene or abs. Might be what's causing it to react badly with the solvents. Does this happen with other Bandai kits?

I don't know what's in this kit, but Bandai and other manufacturers often use polyethylene polycaps to allow joints to move. It is hard for anything to stick to polyethylene and oil based paints and methylene chloride will dissolve it. Polyethylene is resistant to acetone, though.

Final notes: there is a slight mold seam running horizontally across the back of the toes that I missed. I also found that to keep the walker steady, I had to cement the joints around the tension bars.

wip-at-st45_zpshyfybzjc.jpg~original

And here's the final gallery. I don't know how I'll break this down to 6 pictures for the contest.

command-at-st1_zpsrvhv41wp.jpg~original

command-at-st2_zpsoznezio6.jpg~original

command-at-st3_zpsf8x1xfeu.jpg~original

command-at-st4_zps8jht13vt.jpg~original

command-at-st5_zps9tcvue8s.jpg~original

command-at-st6_zpsf9jjtiyy.jpg~original

command-at-st7_zpslhcfbw58.jpg~original

command-at-st8_zps78r5oshb.jpg~original

command-at-st9_zpshvndqgl3.jpg~original

command-at-st10_zpst6qf6wdf.jpg~original

command-at-st11_zpswfr2lxhx.jpg~original

command-at-st12_zpsouceljap.jpg~original

command-at-st13_zps32kkurqr.jpg~original

command-at-st14_zpsjqvyr8tf.jpg~original

command-at-st15_zps48fzkn6o.jpg~original

command-at-st16_zpslzlba6oo.jpg~original

Wow. Just wow man. Amazing finish. I can't get over how awesome that figure mod is...

The photography is solid, too. Nice to see it against both backgrounds.

Looking ACE there Unreality

That AT-ST looks huge in those pics,....the paint work is scale defying

J

Thanks guys.

I may take a few more pics, but I already took about 50 and narrowed it down to the 15 I thought were "good". I think I became more picky about photos than the model itself. ;D

Thank you all. It has been a fun ride, and I'm grateful for all the feedback.

Now to see if I can get something else finished by the tenth.

That build is really impressive!

I'm not a big fan of the base, but all the other parts are amazing! ;)

Thanks man. I only included the base to help it stand up. I may do a diorama-type base later on.

Latest posts

Back