1/48 AT-ST

Unreality ,

Off-th-Chain Brotha !! This is really Rockin' . Dig th details ! Th Devil's in th details Brotha !! Rock-On !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVy-Bbn1II

Looking mindblowingly fantastic so far. Absolutely stunning detail work.

On a semi-related note, Industria Mechanika are releasing a 1/35 biped mech by Luca Z / Kallamity.

Luca posted completed photos here: https://m.facebook.com/116662718397904/albums/892339294163572/

You can grab it from Michael's shop here: http://industriamechanika.com/shop/kallamity/20-kallamity-s-wachtel.html

I figure if I stick it in an at-st thread all you chicken walker fans will see it. :)

Keep on with your kit, can't wait to see where you go with it.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I do plan on getting some more pictures up soon. Next updates will be for the figure and weapon mods specific for the artwork I'm modeling.

If anyone is curious, the artwork is called "Walker Assault" and was originally posted here on DeviantArt.

New round of photos. This time, I'm focusing on the artwork-specific mods (Snowtrooper and turrets).

I kit-bashed several WotC figures to get the trooper I wanted. Arms had to be repositioned, and I added some detail to the backpack and chest armor. I also found 1/35 bare hands are pretty close to 1/48 gloved hands (after filing down the fingers a bit). The wrist armor piece also aids in making the scale look "right".
wip-at-st26_zps9hnrwd0h.jpg~original

Here are the finished weapon turrets. Each has new parts, and the blaster turret is almost completely revamped. I also ditched the vinyl-like support rod for the blaster turret and rebuilt one using 1.6mm rod. I still have to add the dangling hose for the blaster turret, and I may add some more small details.
wip-at-st27_zpshqirflvb.jpg~original

Side view of the concussion grenade launcher. I scratched some gun shields inspired by what I thought would make cool TIE wings
wip-at-st28_zpsuco83db9.jpg~original

Side view of the dual blaster turret. Again, it features another neat gun shield inspired by TIE's.
wip-at-st29_zpsghksjmfg.jpg~original

Here is the trooper with one arm glued in place, as well as the turrets in place. The trooper will be leaning on his left arm with his right arm leaning on a small blaster turret that I have yet to finish. I also added a step inside the hatch to boost the figure high enough to see him. Without the "booster seat", only his head and shoulders were visible.
wip-at-st30_zpsstcwn5jb.jpg~original

The Snowtrooper looks ACE!!!

.....and the mods/improvements,.....brilliant

J

Thanks guys!!

A friend on Keeper of the Force asked for some top-down shots:

I did make a new inner handle for the hatch. Also note there is a small injection pin mark where the arrow is (I've already sanded it down).
wip-at-st31_zps1f3qnfv4.jpg~original

You can see where the hatch opens (red circle), as well as the "booster seat" I added. The full-size cockpit set they made for the film didn't have a hatch or anything external, which is why you don't see any handrails behind the pilots. But it would make sense to have something more than just a wall of lights and switches.
wip-at-st32_zpsbx09z2s7.jpg~original

Luv all the details you've put in... The trooper looks like he has a serious attitude!!! LOL....

So, big update. I've finished the figure (sans painting). I posed the arms and hands to make him look like he's leaning on his left while laying his right arm on the gun. Speaking of, I made a blaster roof turret. It's actually fully poseable, including a ball hinge. I'll upload more pics later to show it off. I still want to add a little more detail to it. Finally, I added the little triangular sensor things to each side of the chin. I had to use a punch for the .8mm discs, which I then drilled .35 mm holes into. Yeah....friggin tiny.

wip-at-st33_zpspbarla2n.jpg~original

wip-at-st34_zpssjkvgyqe.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back