1/48 AT-ST

Yep, I was thinking on replicating that pic with my At-ST,....scratching a Snowtrooper & gun,.....such a cool painting,...nice menacing angle

Heres the image higher res:
Walker_Assault.jpg

J

Awesome painting.

Awesome update. Cool to see you replace the tensioner with brass. I broke one off my kit last night and have to figure something out...or copy something out. ;)

Yeah that's an awesome ref and good on you for adding those details!

Darn it. That's it, I'm ordering 2 more....

nicholassagan said:
Yeah that's an awesome ref and good on you for adding those details!

Darn it. That's it, I'm ordering 2 more....

I know, right?

Great build so far. nice detail instructions of what you are doing. I have got a Star Wars Build starting on May the 4th!!. Going to start with the AT-ST.

:)

Looks great... You and Scott , Mano- A- ATST!!! LOL.. but that would be cool....

Well, everyone else has been updating their AT-ST logs, so I thought I'd update mine. Chicken-power!!

Today, I took the brass strip and bent it to make the leg tensioners. I also took a bit of brass rod (.81mm), and I bent it to replace the bar around the top hatch. I had to solder the ends together at the back of the bar...but it's barely noticeable.

I also took the time to try out my new AK Brass Burnishing fluid. I thinned it half and half with water and submerged the parts for about 10 minutes resulting in a nice dark patina on the parts.
wip-at-st11_zpswmtgnn01.jpg~original

As always, thanks for the comments and the support. Enjoy the pic.

Today, I worked on the legs, adding some detail to the inner panels. Granted, there wasn't anything on the studio models, but it just looked too blank for me.

wip-at-st12_zpse8otn64s.jpg~original

I also started painting the cockpit......blue. Yes, blue. I was inspired by Soviet jet interiors (particularly the Sukhoi jets) and used a greenish-blue. I painted the other details as well, which took a bit of work and rework.
wip-at-st13_zpsuziizlen.jpg~original

I then added a brown filter. I also had knocked off one of the joysticks. In my attempt to remake the missing one, I found a neat way of creating those ribbed control sticks. I took styrene rod and clamped it with my pliers. The result was a thin joystick with rippled texture you see on a lot of vehicles.
wip-at-st14_zpsleioc4j2.jpg~original

Finally, I added more weathering...mostly mud/dirt via pigments and enamel products. You can see the blue has toned down a lot.
wip-at-st15_zpsjr6kdxnd.jpg~original

wip-at-st16_zpsymztcxgq.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back