1/350 Radiant VII

I'm thinking the chipping might be a touch too large for the scale. We'll see what happens when I get into the weathering phase...

You could always take an artist sponge and tone down the size of the chipping....

Looks good!

Hey Scott! (or mod). Is this GB still open technically? Would it be OK to move this to Sci-Fi?

Detail painting under way. I did revisit the chipping effect with a stubby brush. It tones it down well enough and I think the final looks will be pretty spot on. There are still a number of smaller areas to add patches or spots of color before the full weathering phase begins.

radiant_img_7412.jpg

radiant_img_7413.jpg

radiant_img_7414.jpg

radiant_img_7415.jpg

radiant_img_7416.jpg

radiant_img_7417.jpg

radiant_img_7418.jpg

Jeez! One slow week and I get hounded?? J/K :p I spend a fair amount of time today working on other projects...gotta rotate sometimes.

Anyway, I was going though my decal bins to add all those little markings and came across some other things and have some questions for y'all:

radiant_img_7421.jpg

1) Nose art? I found this sheet from Hungry Lizard and there are a couple of ladies in red that might be neat.

2) Republic emblem? Possibly on the sides of the cockpit? Like this image:

Republic_cruiser_by_Radojavor.jpg

3) White transfers. Kinda glad I found these...they're 1/72 but might be perfect for 1/350 since they're not legible anyhow. Plus there are all these white dashed rectangles that might back useful walkway stencils or something.

radiant_img_7423.jpg

Very very cool sir...Luv'n the paint scheme.... As far as decals could use both..Thanx for sharing the build, awsome work.. :)

More panel filtering. This time I used 2 colors, the first a more subdued orange than the first round and the second with a more pale brick red tone. The variations are building nicely….

radiant_img_8167.jpg

radiant_img_8168.jpg

radiant_img_8169.jpg

radiant_img_8170.jpg

radiant_img_8171.jpg

radiant_img_8172.jpg

radiant_img_8173.jpg

radiant_img_8174.jpg

radiant_img_8175.jpg

radiant_img_8176.jpg

radiant_img_8177.jpg

radiant_img_8178.jpg

More filters/paneling. This round was a mix of red, white and water for a thinned, pale effect. I think this will do it for now….next up will be the decals and dry transfers before the heavy weathering phase begins.

radiant_img_8204.jpg

radiant_img_8205.jpg

radiant_img_8206.jpg

radiant_img_8207.jpg

radiant_img_8208.jpg

radiant_img_8209.jpg

inching closer!!!

Now for the fun part! I started adding dry transfers from Verlinden’s white aircraft stenciling as well as a few smaller yellow markings in decal form (and the Republic spoke emblem). While it can get a little tricky to apply the transfers (cut-off toothpick works best) the effect is really stunning. I LOVE dry transfers….

While I was finishing up the Flurry and preshading the Dora, I thought I might get a start on the weathering. All of the scorch marking, etc are from a fine-grade airbrush nozzle. Really coming along nicely and it’ll be great once I get to the pastels and rusts and atmosphere streaking!!! The craft has seem some duty for sure…maybe I’ll call it the Radiant IX. :D

radiant_img_8221.jpg

radiant_img_8222.jpg

radiant_img_8223.jpg

radiant_img_8224.jpg

radiant_img_8225.jpg

radiant_img_8226.jpg

radiant_img_8231.jpg

radiant_img_8232.jpg

radiant_img_8233.jpg

radiant_img_8234.jpg

radiant_img_8235.jpg

radiant_img_8236.jpg