1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Thank you guys.

So far today I've been masking..and masking..and... This is the first go round of masking off green. Once this is dry I'll add some stripes on and parallel to the wings.

3623.jpg

I also printed some decals including the Corsec Insignia (thanks for the reference Q!) and several Tie and Interceptor 'Kill' markings.

3624.jpg

Now to find the right shade of green!?!?!

Nice going on the decals......

What program did you use? Adobe Illustrator does have a function built in
You select the FEderal standard Color Number or Artist paint color name... Etc.... And the program
Matches it! And your printer at work should be able to spit it out!

Keep up the good work!

I use Corel Draw...but have Illustrator too. I'll have to look into that Norm.

Great progress on this one, Scott! It is great to see this awesome project coming to live.
Keep up your superb work, bud ;)

Thanks! I won't quit on this one...just gonna take a year or two longer than I had originally planned. :p

So the masks came off, no bleed. YEAH! Color is close enough (to the decals) for rock and roll.

3625.jpg

The blue tape I used did lift some paint chips here and there...right down to bare plastic. Sucky.

3626.jpg

What's the best way to deal with this? Mask off and repaint?

I think remasking and shoot it would do the trick. Did you mix the paint special? Eitherway, I think most should blend with filter and washes ey? Looking sweet aside from the sidestep!! ;)

Looks great. I was at the Wings of the Rockies for my 50th birthday and saw this:

WingsoftheRockiesRoysBirthday012.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
What's the best way to deal with this? Mask off and repaint?

Why not thin some primer colored paint and touch it in there with a fine brush via capillary action and use it to your advantage later as chips?

Nothing looks more like chips than real chips. 8)

That just might be the trick.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's another round of masking and paint...and this time the good old Tamiya tape chipped here and there. Odd. I gotta look back in this thread and see what I used for primer. Something tells me Krylon...

3627.jpg

3628.jpg

Still more to do...I think I'll see if I still have a family first.

Looking great Scott! The effects of the pre-shading are on the money!

Yeah That looks really good witht the green. Maybe it'll be finished in time for St. Paddy's day?
;) March 17th.

Thanks guys.

A bit more masking and paint done on this tonight. Checkers anyone?

3629.jpg

3630.jpg

Latest posts

Back