you need a steady hand! ;D

MVC-815S-2.jpg

Re: 1/35 X-wing

;D By the way i am not a drug addict i got the needle from
my plastic supply store! LOL You need that when you are trying
weld acrylic together, in my case i was making an acrylic case for
my speeder. ;D

Doing a great job there mate! I'm learning with pre shading to and I find it quite hit and miss!

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Hey Scott on my SS bird I just injected them into the panel
line for real .......LOL A little black wash and your good but

Michael that's a pin wash though, which accents only the panel line itself. Scott will do that during the weathering stages later in the finish.

A pre shade accents more than just the panel line, it creates a 'fuzzy' shadow around panel lines AND raised details. While the two work very well together on the finish piece, they are two different techniques that serve slightly different purposes.

8)

A syringe wash...that's pretty hard core Mike. Looks like it worked well though. Great lines.

I have a few colors of prismacolor pencils..I might go over the panels first with that, not black but dark...then pin washes etc...

Thanks for the idea though...that's surgically precise man.

I seem to remember on one of those Japanese videos, the master using the pre-shading technique whist painting a ship. He had the first pre-shade colour very solid, then spiraled from the center out with the lighter shade, your pre-shade looks a little 'misty', Scott, do you think its heavy enough?

Plus, are you videoing this build Scott? And if yes, then when can we see it?

I love your vids i have them playing whist i build.

McNylon

Misty...totally. This was light grey. I am going to do it all again with white and therefore the centers of the panels will have close to full coverage. EDIT: gonna try and tighten it up too.

Some refer to it as painting clouds....

Video, not this one. Just working out the technique. I have the A-Wing, Y-Wing, 144 Falcon, 1/35 XWing and many others to paint. One will be a video for sure. When? Not sure. Just trying to learn at the moment.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Hey Scott on my SS bird I just injected them into the panel
line for real .......LOL A little black wash and your good but

Michael that's a pin wash though, which accents only the panel line itself. Scott will do that during the weathering stages later in the finish.

A pre shade accents more than just the panel line, it creates a 'fuzzy' shadow around panel lines AND raised details. While the two work very well together on the finish piece, they are two different techniques that serve slightly different purposes.

8)
Yea thats what i meant to say!! LOL
What do i know about painting i just like
building them! ;D

Hey, Scott, nice preshading, man!
To give my two cents I should say that doing preshading on my models,I usually go to the point where I think that everything is ruined and absolutely not visible through the primal tone anymore.. This way gives me best final results as a rule ;D
Don't know, if this little "tip" would be of any help, but still, don't be afraid to experiment at this point, as everything can be repainted as much time as You want now.
Keep it up onthis awesome project, buddy! ;)

Good tip Sol. So you cover to the point where you think the preshading has no effect....that's interesting. I haven't had time to get back to the bench this weekend...well not yet. I'll post pics after the next go round.

I have no intention of abandoning this diorama. It's a bug project and will take longer that I have intended...but I have too much time and money in it to give up. Plus I think it will be really cool. One day at a time...

Use the force Scott let it guide you to completion ok its a cheesy intro :D
Scott when you pull this off it will be a epic diorama ................use the force....... ;D ;D

XXX

Looks really great.
I'm also waiting for the next step.
Cheers
Lukasz

A small update. I added a layer of pure white today and tried to tighten up the preshading. Still have to work on that technique alot. I also painted the guns and thrusters, masked the canopy too.

3620.jpg

LOL...must of gotten I nice big shipment of primer ey? Another fine specimen today Sir!!!

HNY!!!!!!

;)

Thanks. As for primer...no, I'm almost out. Just using that small bottle that came with the 4BO color mod set. This is Vallejo Air white though...but it looks like primer.

That looks really good Scott. Nice shade effect.

Latest posts

Back