1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Looking real good scott!!! I like that shading a lot!!! ;)

:) That level of detail is impresionante (awesome),

I don´t know very much about X-wings & Star Wars "Universe" (Sci Fi modelling included), but I think I´m able enough to recognize when something is well above the standards ... ;)

This X-wing is going masterpiece, as far as I can appreciate, Scott... :)

Modeller´s patience pays profits with an interest rate proportional to the degree of methodicity & perseverance involved in the model... ... WOW ;D I think I´ve been able to write that in English !!!

Slow food, no hurries...

A great model, Scott :)
Thanks for sharing, man
RG

Nice work getting that shading effect. Looks terrific. You can really see those details now. 8)

Wow guys. Not sure if it's because of the orange toque...but I appreciate all the love.

I'm no expert nor to I claim to be. I'm just learning as I go.

I don't want to try and mimic the ILM paint jobs. I want to try and use paint and weathering techniques that appear as believable and realistic as possible. Not that the ILM paint jobs aren't awesome, they are. Just want to try something a bit different that totally trying to mimic what they did in '77.

Again, this is all part of learning....hopefuilly it will end well.

Nice panel fading there Scott ....looks good buddy ;)

Chris.

Scott Girvan said:
Wow guys. Not sure if it's because of the orange toque...but I appreciate all the love.

I'm no expert nor to I claim to be. I'm just learning as I go.

I don't want to try and mimic the ILM paint jobs. I want to try and use paint and weathering techniques that appear as believable and realistic as possible. Not that the ILM paint jobs aren't awesome, they are. Just want to try something a bit different that totally trying to mimic what they did in '77.

Again, this is all part of learning....hopefuilly it will end well.

Actually a lot of the paint jobs on the filming minis are nasty,
and I would never try to totally paint something that nasty just to be exact! LOL
So I understand what you are saying.....it's more fun to capture the feel and at the same
time have some of your own freedom around the model. ;D

Scott Girvan said:
I think I'm done this bit. Stuff from cars, tanks, helicopter, ships, brass mesh, you name it. Time to move on to the damaged wing.

3349.jpg

3350.jpg

3351.jpg

3352.jpg

That's AwesomeSIC !!! Great job. I work on jet engines for a living and I can tell you that the engine you have there looks very much one to me! The damage on the mesh is a nice touch :)

Look at Scotty ! is on Fire again !!!

Nice work Old man !

This project is moving along just fine.... nice updates.... and to see White paint on ... My oh My !!!

If you take that sucker to your local model show... I am pretty sure it will take a Medal ! if not ? they are smoking some real heavy $hit ! LOL

Nice going on the Engines and Side panel details... you are going all nut on this aren't you ?

what ever you are doing ? keep on doing it ! it looks good !

Norm.

Thanks guys.

I should post an update. I've been tinkering away at this off and on. I opened the Y-Wing cockpit door with a razor saw and started to assemble some figures.

I need to really make a good days push on the 1.35 X and get the landing gear built...then it's just a matter of the cockpit before I can close it up.

It will get there.

Thanks Norm.

Yes I'll post some pics and hopefully work on this within the next 48 hrs.

SCOTT ,

Yeah , This X-Wing is lookin' Awesome !! All of that X-Tra detailing is Bangin' !! I too agree - Great Lookin Paint & Panel Fade !!!

Keep on Rockin' !!

Latest posts

Back