Re: 1/35 X-wing

Wow going to be a task.......well at least this one
doesn't need the surgery the old kit did on the
belly right? Looking good Scott!

Good work so far, Scott. I like the idea of moving R2 to the ground

SCOTT,

SCORE - $.99 + shipping ! WoW ! Why can't I ever find that deal .... 1/35th scale ... I've been in th Armor Bubble for far too long. I never knew that there was such a kit !!

For Me - Excited to watch you work your magic is an understatement !! I'm gonna get My Eyes peeled for this kit to PoP up on Evil-Bay.

I'm glued to this build !!! Your Off to a Great Start !

I guess They never made a 1/35th Tie Fighter or even Vader's Tie Fighter ?

Now ... To find a 1/35th scale Executor ! lol

Panzer, the old MPC, or AMT/Ertl Vader's TIE was about the same scale as this beastie.

Hi,
I have always wondered about this kit as well.
Is it basically the same size as the version that MPC had released waaay back in the day?

No ModelMakerMike, it's bigger. If you watch the OOB review by Glorfindel, a few posts into this thread, you wil get the scoop!

Yeah, considerably bigger. Here's a comparison with the completed 1/43 next to the proShop body (compliments of Glorfindel):

AMTertlvsProShop.jpg

No need to fix the belly on this one. YEAH!

R2 should be much better once I'm done with it. I think I'll cast it so I can have an ARMY OF DROIDS!

Quaralane said:
Panzer, the old MPC, or AMT/Ertl Vader's TIE was about the same scale as this beastie.

Q , I have that kit . It's Very Close to th same Scale. although I think Vader's is 1/32nd. ... close enough though !!

You could debate that this is 1/32. I have a 1/35 tank figure and he's a bit small for the X-Wing.

Hmmmm. I just so happen to have another of these Pro Shop XWings....and a Vader's Tie.

Diorama anyone???

....there I go again.

--chuckles--
Could be a fun one to do, Scott.

Problem would be what ship to do the X as if you do that

You could do the Blue Squadron, which was the original plan for the original movies before they figured out the blue striped XWings vs. the blueish grey Ties looked lame.

This is looking great Scott, and I really like the sound of an army of droids!!!

Thanks. Yeah, lots of droids repairing the ship would be cool. I'd have to scratch build a head for the R5 and probably a gonk droid too.

I'll let the cat out of the bag. I'll be painting mine up as one of the blue squadron. Haven't picked a number yet but I'm getting close.

Cool. Love that scheme.

I"ve been researching Mara's ride. Apparently she flew an Xwing called the Stealth X...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StealthX

I really don't wanna build a black Xwing but I'm thinking....maybe show Red 5 getting 'modified' into the Stealth X, by a team of droids.

Too deep into the SW Universe? Nah.

Latest posts

Back