1:35 trumpeter hind, diorama

froymot

hey guys, ive been at this kit for a while now but couldn't post it due to lack of a camera but this christmas that changed ;D.
i'm building a czech army hind diorama flying over t-72 tank in a woodlandish area.
i'm free to take any ideas you guys have as very little has been done as far as the diorama goes but this is what i have so far.
hope you guys like it 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

I've always liked the look of an attack helicopter using trees for cover...
Titul2.jpg
You might even find a way to hide a support for the mi 24 within the trees.
Good luck with the build.

very nice chopper , im building one myself
looking forward for the diorama as its not usual to see one with aircraft

hey guys,
i just finished the pilot figures from CMK which i saw in the you tube video above.
One of the figures took some work and Aves to get it to fit into the cockpit but this now means i'm free to glue the two fusulage sides together which will call for some filler. So does anyone reccomend anyparticular filler as i'm all out of the stuff and Aves seems a bit overkill for the job.
Also does anyone know how to post pictures to the forum without them being attachments? for example splashcoat's picture of the hind above. ive been having some trouble posting pictures and them being too big to upload despite them apparently being under the 125kb limit. ???
any help would be great.
cheers Tom :)

I have been using photo bucket to put my pictures in the post. I resize them in photoshop(can use whatever progeam you have) and then pull the link code from Photobucket for forums.

Look forward to seeing this dio done... have done a few myself and looking into doing one this year

ScarredKustoms said:
I have been using photo bucket to put my pictures in the post. I resize them in photoshop(can use whatever progeam you have) and then pull the link code from Photobucket for forums.

Look forward to seeing this dio done... have done a few myself and looking into doing one this year

I do exactly the same thing, only through Imageshack.

I use Picassa to upload them to picassa web albums. It will automatically resize the photo for you. Once you have done this, view the photo in the album, then right click on it if you have a PC. I have no idea what you would do if you have an apple with a one button mouse. Go down to copy image URL. Come to the forum, start the thread you want to post the photo in, and then put these tags on either side of the copied url:

You can get the
tags by clicking the photo button at the top of the box for posting the reply.

hey guys, not much more news on the build itself but i want to know what you think of my diorama plan sofar.
completely open to suggestions ;D
P1120053.jpg

hi guys, picking up where i left off ive bumped in to a few problems and i need your advice on them :p
the first one is the massive seam running through the canopy :'(
how would i go about getting it out ?

P6170203.jpg
and the next one isnt realy a problem more of a inconvenience, scribing :mad:
i was intrested to know iff any of you guys have any usefull techniques to do this a bit easier as its my first time :p
P6170201.jpg
otherwise getting back in to this one has been fairly pain free but i still cant make my mind up for the whole diorama layout so i'm completely open to ideas iff you have any ??? :) cheers Tom

for your canopy try wet sandpaper to take the seam out then a few layers of future floor wax to cover the srcatches..............try it on an old canopy first, its been a while since i tried it.

hey guys, alot done since the last update and quite a few things changed :)
i just finished painting and decaling the hellicopter leaving just the rotars and weapons to be painted and also the t-72 tank i wanted to use as part of the diorama has gone from being slightly battle damaged to being abandoned :p
P8100008.jpg
the idea is that the it was bogged down in the muddy bogish landscape and has been abandoned and vandalised, this is my first go at this much terain and also anything burned out/ abandoned.
tell me what you think, i'm open to ideas ;D
P8100005.jpg
for the base i'm just using poly fillar or spakle built up ontop of ply wood.
i was planning on using tea as the forest floor but i'm a bit stuck for ideas for rocks other than maybe some large chunks of left over spakle. ???
P8100006.jpg

Latest posts

Back