1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

LOVE IT. Did you just spray paint the base coat on? Did you use an airbrush at all on this build?

Just when I think you can't add anything to make it more cool... This is looking awesome. What is your streak technique?

nicholassagan said:
LOVE IT. Did you just spray paint the base coat on? Did you use an airbrush at all on this build?

Paint and varnish straight from the can, I actualy don't have an airbrush ::)

Hagoth said:
Just when I think you can't add anything to make it more cool... This is looking awesome. What is your streak technique?

Thanks a lot ;D

I used acrylic paints / water, brush and paper towel ;)

Oh wait look like the Falcon streakes back ::)

Some WIP pics ::)

SAM_9663_zpsnomgejnq.jpg
SAM_9664_zpsx9t8du6h.jpg
SAM_9666_zps0gck66ht.jpg
SAM_9667_zpsjgx22u5t.jpg
SAM_9668_zpsrgfpsdtf.jpg

And here is where I stand right now with the top of the Faclon ::)

SAM_9669_zps5azgxh1w.jpg

You're knocking this thing straight into orbit.
Hoping I can do half as well with mine

Keeping streaking for evening time when it's more quiet ( ::) ) I've done some work on one of the displays solutions I planed for this model ;)

SAM_9684_zpshxckxtvn.jpg
SAM_9685_zpswxhivvht.jpg
SAM_9686_zpsksnlvhvy.jpg
SAM_9687_zpshsjl5s24.jpg
SAM_9688_zpsvmi76hmc.jpg
SAM_9689_zpszfuxadld.jpg
SAM_9690_zpskvixoei0.jpg
SAM_9691_zpswlm5dofp.jpg
SAM_9692_zpss1efrbt9.jpg
SAM_9693_zpszoqorras.jpg
SAM_9694_zpslplvulls.jpg

Streaking process going well on the underside :D

Being realy busy at the moment I have decide to post pics once the whole underside will be streaked ;)

Also want to mentionned that the WIP showed on the display base is now cancelled my wife had a far better idea for the base using the one that goes with the kit ;D

I know I said no pics before the underside will be complete but you are so wondefull people and because of that I can't retain myself of sharring progress ::)

SAM_9723_zps9eymrk3q.jpg
SAM_9724_zpsdlwqsuns.jpg
SAM_9725_zpsycwru3xk.jpg
SAM_9726_zpsvivn9ach.jpg
SAM_9727_zpszrlzzvs1.jpg
SAM_9729_zpsqittkgk0.jpg
SAM_9730_zpsvrojw2yb.jpg
SAM_9731_zpsgqdxzi4w.jpg
SAM_9732_zps79km2gs2.jpg
SAM_9737_zpskgglxo2p.jpg
SAM_9738_zpsums2bvkz.jpg
SAM_9739_zpsc84dxrsd.jpg

Quaralane said:
Ship is looking very sharp

Datfly;3824424 said:
Amazing. Looks film ready!

It was :-X

I had screw up in model building but that bad and so close to the end never before :-[

The glue I used completely destroyed the mounting points on the stand and the Falcon :'(

So I had to figure out if it was possible to save it and well I think I will be able to but this one will be in landing mode or just taking of ::)

The other issue is that I can't put all the landing gear on because my DC com port is on one of the landing gear bay ::)

Will have to found an explanation to that when it come to build the diorama fot this one because she is now landed or taking of ???

Right now that's what I have done so far to save her:

SAM_9723_zpsy8f5qzqi.jpg
SAM_9724_zpsg0cn9xgr.jpg
SAM_9725_zps5vzb6ftu.jpg
SAM_9726_zpsldymhibz.jpg
SAM_9727_zpshwnso83b.jpg
SAM_9728_zps1acypzgg.jpg
SAM_9729_zpsc1ex7ua7.jpg
SAM_9730_zpscqvgja8p.jpg

It will be a taking of scene so she would be display like that (pic just to give an idea)

The custom stand / base / diorama for the Falcon with the concealed DC plug will connect to the DC port and support the ship

Looks like you recovered nicely on repairing the attachment damage behind the lower turret. I was half expecting to see you come up with some clever way of integrating your DC power jack into the landing gear so you could plug it in on the stand. ;)

I have full confidence that whatever you come up with will look outstanding. The detail on this model and the way you have weathered it makes it look so much bigger than it is in the pictures. I find it amazing.

Quaralane said:
Nice little idea there

:D

Hagoth said:
Looks like you recovered nicely on repairing the attachment damage behind the lower turret. I was half expecting to see you come up with some clever way of integrating your DC power jack into the landing gear so you could plug it in on the stand. ;)

I have full confidence that whatever you come up with will look outstanding. The detail on this model and the way you have weathered it makes it look so much bigger than it is in the pictures. I find it amazing.

Thanks a lot ;D

You are realy close to something here " I was half expecting to see you come up with some clever way of integrating your DC power jack into the landing gear so you could plug it in on the stand. ;)" ::)

Repaired area and detailled landing gear primed in black ::)

SAM_9767_zpsvxv0jeqk.jpg
SAM_9773_zpspt9hx4od.jpg
SAM_9775_zpsxyreqeht.jpg
SAM_9776_zpspjqn11mu.jpg
SAM_9777_zpssyf5fmsn.jpg
SAM_9778_zpsohwbtb46.jpg
SAM_9779_zpshyapsdg3.jpg
SAM_9780_zpsll2g3v34.jpg
SAM_9781_zpsc1sqlo0l.jpg

Latest posts

Back