1/144 falcon

astroboy

here it is. I'm pretty new at this but I have no problem with criticism. I realize that the photos look a bit warmer than the model does in reality. The light bulb was quite warm.

Mind you, I kinda like it like that.

As for the model, the cockpit, radar dish and gunwell windows were all cast by scratchy. He did great work!

btw, that's an f-toys x-wing I stuck in there for fun

Matthew Amundsen said:
Great idea for the base. What did you use for the craters?

The craters...ha. Well the big one is from a cardboard tube. The other ones are slices from the lid of a baby food squeezy.
I wish the base were better. I've never done a diorama and I consider it to be the benchmark of the craft. But I got impatient and just did it with little regard for realism

Boxster said:
You sure you new at this? ;D That looks freaking awesome!

Thank you for the praise.

I consider myself new because i've only completed 4 models. But i've been devouring the work on these boards for years now.

When I was in university I used to burn through crappy star wars models at light speed. And all of them were garbage. The worst. I have no idea why I thought that fast was best.

Anyway, a few years ago I stumbled upon the resin illuminati page and was blown away.

astroboy said:
Boxster said:

I consider myself new because i've only completed 4 models. But i've been devouring the work on these boards for years now.

When I was in university I used to burn through crappy star wars models at light speed. And all of them were garbage. The worst. I have no idea why I thought that fast was best.

Anyway, a few years ago I stumbled upon the resin illuminati page and was blown away.

Welcome and deserved so!

I seen people who done few tens of models and still look bad! Those old MPC/AMT kits are the worse ever. Thanks to Bandai now, I doubt corrective works need to go to any of their models. Ah..., the Resin Illuminati... have not been there in a long while.

Boxster said:
astroboy said:
Boxster said:

Welcome and deserved so!

I seen people who done few tens of models and still look bad! Those old MPC/AMT kits are the worse ever. Thanks to Bandai now, I doubt corrective works need to go to any of their models. Ah..., the Resin Illuminati... have not been there in a long while.

Yeah, I had just bought a resin viper mk2 from diamond select and I was soooo unhappy with it. Then I hit the "stumbleupon" button on firefox and it took me right to the resin Illuminati page. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The thought that people were scratchbuilding and modifying models was breathtaking.

Latest posts

Back