Zombie Fighter Mustang

Bring on the photos. I just realized, not that it matters, but the decals above are not from the Nova but rather the 69 Firebird kit. So now you have me curious what mix of decals you'll use. I'm sure you'll make some of your own. I gotta try that someday. It would open a lot of doors for me.

Could be the Firebird...

Yeah decals can be alot of fun and making your own does open alot of doors.

I actually worked on this today...and will have a video up tomorrow. Here's a pic of what I got done...minus some rambling about what I want to do and a few 'questions for the audience'.

In a nutshell I de-chromed some parts, assembled the engine block, assembled a couple of seats and cut out the rear seat of the Mustang.

My original plan to use the floor from the Nova simply didn't/won't work so I"m going with the Mustang parts for that.

4633.jpg

Ian said:
How did you de-chrome? I need to do that with my Ecto-1 kit.
Liquid Drano removes it almost immediately. You just have to be careful with it. I usually wear gloves and rinse the parts thoroughly after use.

Option 3:

Mount the fuel cell on the trunk, kinda like Soviet T-55, T-62, & T72 tanks have the externally mounted fuel tanks.

And, instead of a manually operating mini-gun, mount it to the roof for 360 degree protection and have it remotely operated from the passenger seat, with ammo storage where the back seat would be.

I like your idea Scott. Scott has a good idea too. ;D

If you put the gun in the back you might want a gun in front as well or even something to maim the Zombies. You know, keep them off the front of the car. And you don't want them reaching in the window to tickle you. You need to think about what is practical. But we all know it has to look cool number one. So that may not jive with what is practical. :)

geewiz I'm missing fresh styrene. I've been working on unfinished builds for a while now. That white styrene looks scrumptious.

The only deterrent from a top mounted gun is the fact that I want to add a roof rack, other wise I'd do that. I have a build lined up after this one that will have the top mounted gun.

Fuel cell like a T72 is a good idea..as is the remote operated gun. Matt you're right too in that I should have a forward gun as well...

It looking cool is #1. Decisions, decisions.

I liked your idea of the fuel cell (barrel) in the passenger side.

Ya, I could build a hundred of these. The fictional build is quite freeing and everyone who does one always enjoys the creativity and endless possibilities it offers.

noname said:
Ya, I could build a hundred of these. The fictional build is quite freeing and everyone who does one always enjoys the creativity and endless possibilities it offers.

Same here...tons of fun: designing, building, painting, weathering...it's all there.

Latest posts

Back