Zombie Fighter Mustang

Looking forward to it man, I may crack open the Land Rover tonight in front of the TV :)

Scott Girvan said:
No decent Mustang kits at Michaels. I've decided to use the one I have...polish that turd into one kickass car.

I did get the new Revell Jeep Rubicon though...HUGE tires...light bar, winch, front bumper - all great bashing stuff.

And my review products from Dark World Creations arrived. One word; Awesome. I'll be working on reviews videos and another video for 'my plan' later today.

the jeep is a good bash kit i stole the wheels for my apocalypse peterbilt build

Look forward to the video. Let's see a picture of that terrible chassis. I'd like to see what your options are. At least you don't waste a kit. I hate to waste a kit. They don't grow on trees ya know.lol In a situation like this I try to take advantage of it and make lemonade out of lemons. Sometimes working with a few limitations opens new doors.

JohnSimmons said:
Looking forward to it man, I may crack open the Land Rover tonight in front of the TV :)

Do it!

adampolo13 said:
Lift kit and wrangler tires on the mustang? ;)

Oh yeah.

Vknight401 said:
the jeep is a good bash kit i stole the wheels for my apocalypse peterbilt build

Yeah, several great and unique parts in there.

CTspeedshop said:
Show that Mustang who's boss Scott!!! ;D

snare, snare, crash! lawl.

noname said:
Look forward to the video. Let's see a picture of that terrible chassis. I'd like to see what your options are. At least you don't waste a kit. I hate to waste a kit. They don't grow on trees ya know.lol In a situation like this I try to take advantage of it and make lemonade out of lemons. Sometimes working with a few limitations opens new doors.

I will show the chassis. I hate to waste...another...kit too. Working with a few limitations opens new doors. Well said.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24tPpWvu6Q

A quick look at the Revell 1/24 Motor City Muscle '70 Boss 429 Mustang 3 'n 1 Plastic Model Kit for use in the Dawn of the Apocalypse 'Zombie Vehicle ' Build happening at the SMA Forum.

++ I'm still having audio sync issues. Argh! If someone is knowledgeable and can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong please PM. Thanks.

Yea, the biggest problem I see is the rear seat. Grab the Dremel and go to town. ;)

I dig the exoskeleton.

Scott, Maybe you could keep it simple....

ROFLOL....

Scott Girvan said:
I dig the exoskeleton.

It can't be that hard to do. That and you could cover the windows with steel plating (sheet styreen) and go to town with weathering!

:p

Excellent plan Scott. I like the idea of having slightly larger off road tires in the rear... very redneckish! :) Shame you can't find a smaller all terrain tire for the front. Here is my reasoning.. Several years ago I built up a two wheel drive "pre-runner" style pickup truck. It was locked in the rear end but obviously had no power to the front. I did however have the same size mud tire on all for corners and this is why... traction means very little if you cannot steer the car/truck. As a kit growing up we had 2wd vehicles with street tires on the front and mud tires on the back and i fondly remember running around in the muddy woods and my dad trying to steer around a corner or out of a rut but being unable because the front tires had no bite. When it came to building my own I made sure the I had the same amount of traction front and rear and I can assure you it made a world of difference.

My old truck..
276_19199848879_1673_n.jpg

259641_10150216732053880_8026435_o.jpg

Nice truck. I'd love to have one. Would make hunter easier than smashing my focus around the backs.

I have 5 of those tires I showed in the video, 4 big mudders from therevel rubicon kit and the Rocco car has nice tires too, not off road but bigger than normal.

I'll try it. You're the second to suggest this.

Last night I spent some time figuring out exactly what parts I'm going to use and looked into a few kits.
001.jpg

As for wheels and tires, I'm taking Kenneth's advice and beefing up the front with the set from Rosco's car. The rear and spare from the Jeep.
002.jpg

003.jpg

The Nova will donate the interior floor. I'll have to bash it with the mustang part (front end). I can use the Nova rear end - exhaust perhaps, and there's a roll bar too if I use it.
004.jpg

The decal sheets from the Nova and Rubicon have some cool stuff. Might come in handy. I have a color in mind too.
005.jpg

The new Revell Jeep donates some cool stuff (and there's more left for other projects). Front bumper with winch. I'll upgrade the cable with some Armor Farm goodness. Seats, stepsides and fender flares. That small round item is a gas cap.
006.jpg

The Italeri accessory kit dontes a light bar...and maybe a few other items.
007.jpg

Finally Dark World Creations items for weapons, stowage and tools.
008.jpg

Now with the plan in place I can start to build a model. Do you see what I see?

[attachment deleted by admin]

A man with a plan. This should be fun. Fender flares, push bar etc. etc., don't wait to long to post your progress.

LOL CT. Startin with the engine block and such...more pics sooner than later.

Latest posts

Back