Xs Stock Light Freighter 1/72

I know J! Why couldn't we see some more falcons! (don't forget the three at Naboo). And cheers G ;)
Got some more colour on her today, it's a little in your face but hopefully some serious weathering will tie it all together:
IMG_5666_zps07f0570d.jpg
IMG_5668_zps8cada89e.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

still can't help admiring the design of this bird: it is a bit of classic MF and a bit of Ebon Hawk from KotOR at the same time, really cool.
Great painting here, J, just as always ;)
Thumbs up!

Thanks guys, I need a little push at the moment lol I'm kind of thinking 'what am I doing with this....'

Looks cool. Throw a couple oddball panel colors maybe....then beat the heck out of it.

Very interesting colour combo

Are you going to go for a very heavy weathered look or subtle?

Be sure to post lots of pictures, some of us are taking notes you know ;D

Gag

Wow this is awesome! I really wanted to make this model once I saw the trailer, but my scratch building skills are terrible. I didn't know someone actually made a model of it! Though looking at that price, I'm glad I went with a yt-1300 instead. :O Would you be able to provide some shots of the underside? I based a lot of my conversions off this ship and it'd be awesome to see what the creator did.

I really like the scheme you're going with. You're doing an awesome job. :)

Scott Girvan said:
Looks cool. Throw a couple oddball panel colors maybe....then beat the heck out of it.
Cheers Scott, yup it will have the 'falconesque' panels lol and yeah it will be banged up ;)
The Nylon Gag said:
Very interesting colour combo

Are you going to go for a very heavy weathered look or subtle?

Be sure to post lots of pictures, some of us are taking notes you know ;D

Gag
Cheers Gag, it will be dirty with chips and scrapes and rust, in the vid posted on page 1 the smuggler pilot mentions it being pretty banged up I believe.
Cave_Dweller said:
Me likey!
Cave_Dweller said:
Me likey!
Cave_Dweller said:
Me likey!
Lol thanks!
Glorfindel said:
Looking sharp as always John. Great touch you have there.
Thanks man glad you like it.
Shortsonfire79 said:
Wow this is awesome! I really wanted to make this model once I saw the trailer, but my scratch building skills are terrible. I didn't know someone actually made a model of it! Though looking at that price, I'm glad I went with a yt-1300 instead. :O Would you be able to provide some shots of the underside? I based a lot of my conversions off this ship and it'd be awesome to see what the creator did.

I really like the scheme you're going with. You're doing an awesome job. :)
Thanks man, I'll be sure to post some belly pics on the next update, and the kit is quite reasonable given the size of the thing and pretty much the same quality as the Fine Molds falcon.
Hackcore said:
Wow the colors looks pretty nice together! Looking forward to the next update!
Thank the maker! ;)

yeah dude this is really coming along. the color palette is really growing on me...much more so than that yellowish tone from the game screen shots...

Thanks so much guys, I feel like I'm making some progress now. Tonight's effort went well but I found that the rear side had popped open :mad: I don't think the instant epoxy I'm using is that good, I should have bought the 5 min stuff). But anyway I glued it back and got some epoxy overspill on the side that will need addressing but at least it's stuck (for now :-\). I got the tanned and yellow stripes down (overspray everywhere but I'm not bothered because washes and filters will hide it, also I'm still going to go in and to some highlights over the overspray anyway). Thanks for looking:
IMG_5669_zps05c28ab2.jpg
IMG_5674_zps3c61bbbf.jpg
IMG_5672_zps88be95bb.jpg

Latest posts

Back