WIP: Tywin Lannister, Nuts Model, 1/10

tigrazor

audentes fortuna iuvat.
Huh, is it X-Mas again? ;D

"A lion doesnt care about the opinion of sheep!"

Why that? Because...

"...Lannisters wont behave like fools."

Those quotes come from the character Tywin Lannister, played by Charles Dance in the famous TV series "A Game of Thrones". This is the TV series title, the original book title is "A Song Of Ice And Fire".

I dont want to focus on the complete story about the "Iron Throne" here, the net is full of fan sites, wikipedia sites, quotes and stuff. But let me say some words about Tywin Lannister himself:

"Tywin Lennister is the leader of the powerful house of Lannister, the most wealthy house of Westeros. He is the Lord of Casterly Stone, Guard of the West and the "Hand" of the actual King Joffrey Baratheon, his grandchild. Through intelligence and unscrupulousness he became one of the most powerful men in Westeros and is willing to keep his heritage for his family.He is a widower and has three children: Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion."

More:

http://de.gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Tywin_Lennister

By chance i was informed that the Korean figure manufacturer http://www.nutsplanet.com/ created Jon Snow and Tywin Lannister in 1/10 resine. On the first view the figure is very well sculpted and Charles Dance/Tywins most typical identification features can clearly been seen.

The figure is on the way - so therefore I will first take care of the base. I needed some new anyways, and told a nearby carpenter about it. 5pc of 4x7x10 cm, including drills for 12€, thats a fair price!

So. Now... well wait for the Christ Child. ;)

NP-B002boxart-f_zps0e4dc24e.jpg

A sketch for the base - the sign is supposed to be plotted.

http://www.hbo.com/assets/images/series/game-of-thrones/downloads/wallpaper-lannister-1600.jpg

lannistersockelskizze_zps379057c2.jpg

Love this! Can't wait to see this come together.
"You ask that? You, who killed your mother to come into the world? You are an ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine. To teach me humility, the Gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him. But neither Gods nor men shall ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse."
-Ty Lannister

So welcome at the WIP, Ser. ;)

Charles Dance is such a great actor. Played in many other movies and productions - I remember him for example as "Clemens", when he vet Sigourney Weaver in "Alien³"

:D

Cool! :)

Bad news: The logo cant be plotted. So I had to make a sketch per hand on the base. It will be painted by hand:

lannistersockelskizze2_zpsfeaabed2.jpg

Thanks. :)

The base was finished by using acrylic and enamel based colors: MrHobby "Brass", GW Warlock Purple in different shades - a really beautiful color imho -, Humbrol Brown and acrylic clear cote from a rattle can.

The lettering was a bit tricky, but not impossible. The lions head got a bit of shading (with washes and brass highlights). I kept the painting a bit "rough" - a small tribute to the book illustrations.

lannistersockelzeichnung2_zps4e4fa486.jpg

YAYYY! Mr. L. has arrived - in the shop. If all goes well and neither the bank nor the German post office(s) will be in disorder, the figure should arrive soon. VERY soon.

:D

Picked up some colors for the bust. Think they should work fine.

Skin tones:

tywinfarben02_zps5408ff0b.jpg

Humbrol 186
Humbrol 70
Humbrol 250
Testors 1567 Tan
Testors 1516 Skin Tone Base

for the metal parts:

tywinfarben03_zpsaaa29e62.jpg

Humbrol 171
Humbrol 51
Gunze 219

red tones:

tywinfarben04_zps51b8f920.jpg

Rayher DecoArt 290 Weinrot
Rayher DecoArt 286 Kirschrot
Vallejo Light Red 71086

Matt/Gloss varnish:

tywinfarben01_zps75be81b0.jpg

both from HobbyLine

subject to change ;)

Great is a total understatement! :D Ive never seen a bust where the torso is cast in one piece. And if, it lacked loads of details, had air bubbles and stuff - not here - theres absolutely no rework necessary.

So the fun can begin. Some more reference pictures from Season I, Episode VII ("Win Or Die!"):

dvd-ep07-02_zpsc1eacbbf.jpg

dvd-ep07-03_zps5a033572.jpg

dvd-ep07-01_zpsafe403c3.jpg

dvd-ep07-05_zps96af1265.jpg

dvd-ep07-04_zpsf65bd842.jpg

Like I said, the cast quality is purely amazing! So there was nothing left to do but removing a big casting flash...

tywin05_zps5b896f07.jpg

...levelling down the underside with the help of a Dremel...

tywin04_zpsd3701a57.jpg

...and putting some MrSurfacer on it. This Ill let dry over night now. If neccessary, it will be reworked, but only if neccessary. ;)

tywin06_zps83b9bff9.jpg

Latest posts

Back