What are your other hobbies?

JohnSimmons said:
I used to live my life according to the tide but I now it's family, work, modelling (not always in that order!), this was several years ago, man I want to get back on the water :'(
273bb6701c74527c5ce1e1272b989dbb_zps69e6c28e.jpg

That looks fun. I use to do that stuff without water.

a7ecb3ee-9246-414a-b67d-8b04d10ab2f3_zps43a0dd5e.jpg

If you look at the quite you reported John...I think he means getting started with RC helos... ;)

Learning electronics for this hobby is one of my other hobbies. Literally watching how guys do this on YouTube and trying to get the most out of it I can is enjoyable. I love to cook so eating goes hand and hand. I've made a few wicked dishes in my time in the kitchen and I'm proud to say so. But because of the food thing I've also adopted a love for trying my darnedest to stay in shape. So working out, running, biking, swimming, even though they are a life style, fall into this category for me because I research new workouts and methods as often as I watch electronics videos (model build vids too)
I also have had a lot of experience painting and drawing as a traditional artist and still dabble there from time to time. Like anything else, you need to find inspiration to proceed. Pretty much like model building too.
I also am a certified PADI diver but haven't dove in perhaps 15 years. Clearly will need a refresher class or two.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Currently I am work on flying a RC Heli, slow going that one. You just don't buy one of these and start flying it the next day...

Yeah, it's kind of like driving a car. You don't get your license today, and hop into a 600+HP Ferrari tomorrow.

Very true, all you are going to do if you get the wrong Heli is crash it, over and over again...

Black Sheep 1 said:
Grendels said:
Currently I am work on flying a RC Heli, slow going that one. You just don't buy one of these and start flying it the next day...
That sounds like fun John, any more info on that?
Like what's the best setup for beginners and stuff like that?

Funny you should ask, I made a video on it this weekend and it will get posted later today. It is a bit long though, so it will go in two parts. I also have one interview with a manager at a hobby shop about buying an RC heli. So that will come a bit later.

I plan on doing short updates as my abilities progress. And any other information that I come across.

JohnSimmons said:
I used to live my life according to the tide but I now it's family, work, modelling (not always in that order!), this was several years ago, man I want to get back on the water :'(
273bb6701c74527c5ce1e1272b989dbb_zps69e6c28e.jpg

Jeeves said:
If you look at the quite you reported John...I think he means getting started with RC helos... ;)

It isn't photochopped, he is trying to do his best Helicopter impersonation....

I'm a homebrewer, too, though it's been a while since I brewed anything. I have a collection of over 200 beer mugs, glasses, and other breweriana. though much of it is in storage till I finish remodeling my basement into a Bierkeller. I dabble in woodworking, I'm a cyclist, and I like to cook and bake, too.

I've gotten into old movies for some reason. And cheesy monster movies. My wife and I are doing more out door stuff like hiking and bicycling. I do love me some BF3 though. But I'm kind of a jerk. Defib people, throw med packs in front of the snipers so they can't see, general shenanigans, c4 jeep, etc...... Of course I pto as well. I do some flightsimming. I find the games help me get my mind off a model if it is giving me problems. Also keep up with nascar as much as I can, and also shoot in my free time.

amateurmodeler said:
I've gotten into old movies for some reason. And cheesy monster movies. My wife and I are doing more out door stuff like hiking and bicycling. I do love me some BF3 though. But I'm kind of a jerk. Defib people, throw med packs in front of the snipers so they can't see, general shenanigans, c4 jeep, etc...... Of course I pto as well. I do some flightsimming. I find the games help me get my mind off a model if it is giving me problems. Also keep up with nascar as much as I can, and also shoot in my free time.

I live in Indy. The track is way overrated IMHO. You can only see part of the track. Bristol is awesome! But man, it takes forever to get out of there. That town's roads is not designed for that kind of traffic.

dkev said:
amateurmodeler said:

I live in Indy. The track is way overrated IMHO. You can only see part of the track. Bristol is awesome! But man, it takes forever to get out of there. That town's roads is not designed for that kind of traffic.

What I find funny about the Indy 500 for years now is that its actually called the Indy 500. It should be called the Speedway 500 seeing the track is actually located in the town of Speedway, Indiana lol. The track may be overrated but Georgetown Street the night before the Indy 500 sure isnt :D talken from personal experience ha ha ha.

I rock climb, camp, reading, board gaming, I work at a digital design agency and I'm on a computer all day. The last thing I want to do when I get home is look at anything that's digital.

I can also be found at art openings, restaurants, and fashion events.

O_O

Drpepeprz said:
JohnSimmons said:

I know ehat you mean! Me and my wife used to do white water canoeing before the kids...miss it a lot! Seems like now a day my biggest adrenaline rush comes from crossing the busy street behing my house to get to work

><

This was me back in 1989

Picture%252B931.jpg

I would hurt myself just getting the gear on today ;D
I really miss it.
Not much white water in Florida

Gag

Latest posts

Back