Voting ???

Counting Ballots .... Eeek ! :eek: ..... I suppose there'll be no Hanging Chad controversy ? ;D

Good Luck Guys & God speed on counting !!

CHEERS !!! Here's to th Counters !!

One potato, two potato, three potato FOUR!

Five potato, six potato, seven potato MORE!

You're doing a great job guys. Keep it up.

You guys have done a rockin job up to this point. No matter what. The Herd can "count" on you guys to continue doing a great job. That's all that "counts".

One question though I don't think I've seen asked. What do you do in the case of a tie? With the work I've seen. You can probably "count" on that happening.

Keep rockin.

There's Only One Way To Rock -Van Halen-

Biskup said:
Could you let us know for example how many people voted till now so we could understand the size?

Over 120 ballots so far.

Airmedical said:
One question though I don't think I've seen asked. What do you do in the case of a tie?

Good question, I'm sure Scott has something in mind. So far though, it doesn't look like that will happen.

In case of a tie we get everyone to vote again and count them again.

:eek:

Kidding. My wife casts the tie breaker vote...or something like that. ;)

120+ ballots. That's quite alot of people if we were all in the same room at the same time.

Are we going to know ho many people voted for our entries ??

I could help for choosing a better subject next year or buy some new skills ;D

IS it Wednesday yet ;D

Neo said:
Are we going to know ho many people voted for our entries ??

I could help for choosing a better subject next year or buy some new skills ;D

IS it Wednesday yet ;D

You know what ? This could turn Ugly !

schweinhund227 said:

Nah.

The number of people that voted for you means very little to be perfectly honest, the scoring isn't all about quantity of votes...

;)

ScaleModelMadman said:
schweinhund227 said:

Nah.

The number of people that voted for you means very little to be perfectly honest, the scoring isn't all about quantity of votes...

;)

still kind of a drag to see your entry on a list with little or no votes.....

if I had an entry in and I didnt place I wouldnt want to know.

I could care less if anyone voted for me.
I just had fun voting! That was difficult enough. ??? Goodnight!
I loved checking out everybodys builds. I mean my face is up on the screen and the pictures zoomed in. I was like woh!, wow!, that's cool! impressive! clever! nice!.
All I can say is I hope I helped someone win something real cool that they'll enjoy.
Whoever wins, they deserved it.

huntr said:
ScaleModelMadman said:
schweinhund227 said:

Nah.

;)

I have to disagree. As I could see where I'm at and if it was near the podium or I really suck and I need to put more effort more next time, learn more and pay more attention to details

Airmedical said:
I loved checking out everybodys builds. I mean my face is up on the screen and the pictures zoomed in. I was like woh!, wow!, that's cool! impressive! clever! nice!.
All I can say is I hope I helped someone win something real cool that they'll enjoy.
Totally true

Airmedical said:

same here, i really don't care if anyone votes for me, i will be tickled if i do win something, but if i don't i got to participate this year and thats good enough for me... it sure would help if i won something this year, but there are lots of people with really nice peaces of work, that really deserve it.

huntr said:

Okay, I'm not sure why you quoted me, or what it has to do with my response to Norm but

... I guess it could be a drag to see your entry with no votes but I don't know what a person can do about that? I don't see the name of the entrant, only the kit name. I also would assume in a contest with this many entries, there are going to be some who didn't get any votes.

In fact let's really think about that... technically, if everyone voted strictly for the top three builds in each category (IE, not for their friend, not for their favorite movie spaceship, not for theirs, not for their favorite topic, not because they drove one the same color in college etc) there would be a fairly small group of models getting most of the votes because they were the top contenders. This actually turned out to be fairly true to an extent in what I witnessed in the nominations I've seen. (although there were some 'topic' favoritism's from time to time) In certain categories there were say six or so models that jockeyed back and forth for position throughout the last couple of days while few votes went to some of the others.

This isn't supposed to be about any of this though, it's supposed to be about fun...

and as a bonus, you might win some cool prizes.

huntr said:

If you had an entry in?

wait...

you didn't enter?

Of course it would be a bummer to see your entry with no votes next to it. Isn't that part of competition though?

Where's the fun in winning something without knowing how it feels to lose?

With so many great builds in the contest, no one should feel any shame in getting few or no votes.

Mind you, easy for me to say, as I also never entered. Though, I do have a pretty good excuse as I've only been doing this hobby since March. ;D

Personally, I think entering something like this is a bit of a two-edge sword :-\.

I think people will be...how do I say it politely??? "Bending the Truth" when they say they're not interested in winning because, well, why enter in the first place? Everyone who's entered wants to have at least a little bit of recognition from the other Very Fine Modellers on this Very Fine Site...I reckon the recognition of hard work by piers helps people grow. And there's the hope of winning something nice... ;D ;D.

So it'd be nice to read some results to say "You're Great!".

But what if a person doesn't make the cut...? Then there's the "Jeez, I must be rubbish!!!" factor and that's bad for a person's modelling-morale, no matter how positive they try to be :-\.

So, in my very very humble opinion, I wouldn't want to see the total-points-tally-result as in who got what exactly...just the first 3 in every section. Feedback on my piece on an individual thread would be fine. But to find out no-one had voted for me because everyone thought what I'd done was pants would, to be totally honest, a bit of a bummer... ???

And there was me saying I wasn't bothered...but when push came to shove... :-[

Latest posts

Back