Viper Glass Problems

kremin

Hi All. Im fairly new to the forum but would like to ask a question if thats ok by you guys. I havnt built a model
in 20 years or so and decided to tackle a moebius MK2 viper. Not content with building it out of the box i bought the photo etch and decided to really go nuts and light it. OK! bit off more than a could chew, its now all together and lit (What a monumental task that was). Havnt put the cockpit canopy on yet as i decided to protect it by airbrushing on some Golden Acrylic gloss clear coat, and guess what! it went cloudy (DONT LAUGH). Im sure you Pro's have heard it a thousand times before. SO here i am (HELP!!!) how do i clean it off without wrecking it, and what stuff should i buy to protect it properly, as i should have done in the first place. Any advive would be muchly appreciated

eh up buddy,i have heard f using grafitti remover,but you have to do abit and wash it off pretty quick,but ive used over cleaner before now,but same again do abit and clean and keep doin it til its all off.if anybody has any better ways please help! ???

You could try using 91% isopentyl alcohol. That is what I usually use to remove acrylic paints. It will remove enamel and lacquers as well. It will not harm plastic.

Awsome ;) thanks heaps. should be able to finish it off now. Will try and post some finished pics. not the best job, but hey,gotta start somewhere. Thanks again for the advice.

Latest posts

Back