USMC M4A2 – 2 nd Pt. / C Co. / 1st CTB – “Galvanic” Op.

Tony lee said:
Doing the JELLY ROLL BOOGIE ;D
Cool damage dude

Tony lee
;D & ;D ;) ;D & ;D you´re baaaad to the bone, Tony ... ;D ;D Thanks, man :)

And thanks Chris! ;) Glad to hear you ;, ah?

Roger that, Big John ! :) ;) I´ll try to advance thos a little tomorrow

Well, I´m going to bed, that DAMN alarm clock rules my life :p
Luckily, I have my Powerpuff Girls pijama ;D
RG

ttaught you had this finished long agao :p..

coming along nicely jelly i like the dame on teh front from bullet impacts

Captain Caveman III said:
Man those are some awesome black & whites. Your build looks grate, keep it up man! ;)
Thanks a lot, Vince ;) but... I´m very faaaaar from your builds,

I´ve just preshaded her and my purpose is to probe on the modulation technique. ::)

I know that I´ll rub a painting disaster :p but I must try it.

Spud, buddy... HOW! ;D you know that a turtle is faster than me... and... how ?? how would I finish that beetle and not show it here ?? ;)

No modelling today: got a pretty nice night-banger inside home :p no need to explain, ah? :p just talking to Lady Beefeater and reading ::)
Cheers
RG

Chris S said:
........'Lady Beefeater ' ???

Chris.

Dear Chris, my friend :)

Its a special kind of Gin Tonic without Tonic, just Gin from the freezer, as I´ve left the Tonic on stag duty inside the freezer. ;D That´s OK ;)

And I think I´ll have a banana as dinner. ;D
RG

Mmm Gin and Bananas !! wouldnt like to be cleaning your cage out ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
Mmm Gin and Bananas !! wouldnt like to be cleaning your cage out ;D

Chris.
Don´t worry, Chris

I´m so civilizated that I would volunteer to the Planet of the Apes (the good one movie, the Charlton Heston one with the human girls running around showing how well feed and developed were, and in bikini dress ;D ;D)

And there were no alarm-clocks in that golden age (the age of the Apes, I mean ;D)
RG

Girls in Bikinis ....Oooh stop you'll get me excited and bust my stitches ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
Girls in Bikinis ....Oooh stop you'll get me excited and bust my stitches ;D ;D ;D

Chris.
Don´t worry, just keep at hand CA !!!

Yeah, fur bikinis, yeah, Chris

I´ve been told that there are no nylon, lycra, etc bikinis in that age.

Man undies yes, and the summer is very hot.
;D ;D
Oh, man! ;D Chris!

LOL :D Jelly even with all the detailed work I do., from time to time my paint and weathering falls flat. An the paint and weathering is the most important part. I like you level of work, when you move up on the scratchbuilding and use of more PE. Your going to find that you will have to spend alot more money and time building. So don't rush your self., take your time and have fun man. ;)

(((lol))) ;D ;D Calm down calm down ...you'll be heading for a Hernia next ;D

Chris.

Captain Caveman III said:
LOL :D Jelly even with all the detailed work I do., from time to time my paint and weathering falls flat. An the paint and weathering is the most important part. I like you level of work, when you move up on the scratchbuilding and use of more PE. Your going to find that you will have to spend alot more money and time building. So don't rush your self., take your time and have fun man. ;)
Hey Vince, thanks a lot for watching, the advices, and your time to post! :)

I´ve "found" that scratchbuilding is very rewarding... but you NEED the appropriate tools to work precisely with -for example- Evergreen when you have to cut several pieces of precise lenght, angles, shapes, etc.

When I see jobs like yours or like Scratchmods (Rob F.) ones, I immediately think: "OK, thats another existence level, maybe in another life"...

Chris S said:
(((lol))) ;D ;D Calm down calm down ...you'll be heading for a Hernia next ;D

Chris.

Nooooooo.... :p :p :p :p Ok, I´ll calm down ;D

Where´s Tony with his MIDOL bag, now that he is needed ? ;D

He needs that himself now he's started on some figures ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
He needs that himself now he's started on some figures ;D

Chris.
Hi ya, mates,
´
Painting the faces is truly stressing to me, Chris :p but I like it ;) a lot.

´
OK, I´m going to put some pictures of how I´m “EXPERIMENTING WITH MODULATION”
´
This is a First Time experiment, so I don´t expect to achieve “great” results… I´ll accept “losses”, this is a probe movement.
´
Also, I´m not too much experienced playing with the AB, but this is the only way to learn, I believe. To learn to swim you must be in the water.
´
First two pictures I´m going to post are what I think is called a “pre-shading”. I´ve learnt about my mistakes, I´ve done mistakes here, a lot.
´
The rest of the pictures are the Sherman after a layer of Hobby Color Olive Drab #2, wich has a nice satin shade that I think will be useful in the later stages of the weathering phase.
´
There will be (at least) a later AB painting stage: I´ll mix the OD with some droplets either of Buff or Desert Yellow, to highlight (I´ll try) the most evident surfaces.
´
So there goes a salvo of pictures. I must beg your pardon: I´m not a good photographer, my camera isn´t a good quality one, and the lighting is bad… but I think you´ll geat an idea of “where I am” in this model.
´
P10107222.jpg
´
P10107232.jpg
´
P10107242.jpg
´
P10107252.jpg
´
P10107262.jpg
´
P10107272.jpg
´
P10107282.jpg
´
P10107302.jpg
´
P10107312.jpg
´
P1010732.jpg
´
P1010733.jpg
´
As always, thanks for watching,
´
Evaluation and criticism are welcome,
´
Here jokes & jerking are welcome too (life´s too much serious contender)
RG

Hey Jelly ,

This is coming on nice buddy ,its looking good to me ;)

Chris.

Hey Roberto ya got any extra Midols in the medicine cabinet?

It's been a nerve racking day bud. ;)
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back