Underlord's Falcon (WIP)

I tested it again this morning and it was mostly cured, just a little tacky here and there. If I don't finish this month, I'll know that it was just the oil cure time that slowed me down. No big deal. I think the results are worth it! I love the effect so far, and can only imagine how aweseome it'll come out when done.

I'll move forward with the next step tonight, then I am going to rig up the stand so I can flip her over and do the base streaking on the top while the bottom cures. Unfortunately that means I'll have to wait for the top to fully cure before I can do anything else.

DONE(ish)
6924646599_06f6713974.jpg

I put together the stand too, but the darn oils are STILL curing. *shrug* I'm going to give it a week or two then coat it with a dullcoat and mount it.

I could have done more with the weathering, and perhaps someday I'll take it down and do more, but I'm ready to move on... actually I'm already detail painting the "Black Widow".

Can't wait to watch everyone else's builds finish up... they are all so awesome!

I want her to stop being tacky before I hook it up and take my final pics... thus DONE(ish) :)

Right now the stand is just plumbing supplies. Considering how many pipes are on the Falcon, I figured that would be appropriate. That, and 3/4" PVC pipe fits right in that lower gun window hole!

Here's the stand... as it "stands" :)

Here's the falcon connection point. If you look back to some of my earlier pictures you'll see I installed a PVC endcap inside of the lower gun bay with a 1/8" stereo jack for the power. This fits tightly up in there, and I took a slice of that endcap and superglued it to this end to have a resting stop so the inside cap doesn't get too much pressure and pop off inside. That would bite!
6925523741_5a69bd75be.jpg

My mounted position for the falcon will be flying out of the classic "A New Hope" poster, so she's 45 degrees from the wall, but rotated a bit for a more dramatic pose. Here's the whole assembly. I've got a 45 degree angle piece, and a tee piece to run the power up through. I'm going to be bolting this directly to the wall next to the poster. I was thinking about using some of the falcon's extra pieces to greeble up the stand... or just paint it flat black so it is out of the way. What do you think?
6779404252_705deaa45d.jpg

MOUNTED! I will be shortening the stand and moving it further up later, but it's installed for now!

6931624271_e112fe8c24.jpg

That's sweet!
I thought you might have angled it so it was flying away from the wall, but still a great concept and execution!
;D;D;D

Latest posts

Back