U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

That’s impressive
I feel I might have bitten off more I can chew.
This would be stepping waaay out of my comfort zone being I have never attempted any type of water feature. I think I would be happier and more confident building a complete U-boat. Until I put a water feature or 2 under my belt.
The conning tower would be something to poke at for about a year or so.

I like your choice Tim.
I'll keep poking around for a full boat. I still would like to add figures to the deck and tower.

Last edited:
I feel I might have bitten off more I can chew.
This would be stepping waaay out of my comfort zone being I have never attempted any type of water feature. I think I would be happier and more confident building a complete U-boat. Until I put a water feature or 2 under my belt.
The conning tower would be something to poke at for about a year or so.

I like your choice Tim.
I'll keep poking around for a full boat. I still would like to add figures to the deck and tower.
I think I'm going for the Border deck and figures. It will be the most expensive kit so far at over £160 but I expect it to take at least a couple of months to build.
The deck is £60 and then 2 sets of crew at £25 each. Pantherman
Screenshot_20231221_072442_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20231221_072504_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20231221_072455_AliExpress.jpg

I'm putting the conning tower idea on hold for another day. I've decided to build a full U-Boat.

Here is one review of many positive reviews from Amazon,
"Robert D
5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Highly detailed kit that can be enhanced with Eduard photo etched kit to add realism!

Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2021
If you are looking for a superbly detailed U-boot model to grace your bookshelf or office without paying for an enormous 1/72 version that takes up too much space, this is the kit. Detailed decking, hull plating and conning tower and a stand you can assemble to display your model. Search online for Eduard 1/144 for Revell Type VII and there is a highly detailed photo-etched kit you can buy for about $20 to add detail such as vent covers, conning tower grab rails, bow/stern plates and gun details. This famous submarine version is a must for WW II ship model enthusiasts!!"

Screenshot_20231225_234444_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I was looking for the eduard PE for the U-Boat VIIC but can only find it for the VIID. Are they the compatible?
I don’t know much about submarine kits.

I'm putting the conning tower idea on hold for another day. I've decided to build a full U-Boat.

Here is one review of many positive reviews from Amazon,
"Robert D
5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
Highly detailed kit that can be enhanced with Eduard photo etched kit to add realism!

Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2021
If you are looking for a superbly detailed U-boot model to grace your bookshelf or office without paying for an enormous 1/72 version that takes up too much space, this is the kit. Detailed decking, hull plating and conning tower and a stand you can assemble to display your model. Search online for Eduard 1/144 for Revell Type VII and there is a highly detailed photo-etched kit you can buy for about $20 to add detail such as vent covers, conning tower grab rails, bow/stern plates and gun details. This famous submarine version is a must for WW II ship model enthusiasts!!"

View attachment 110962
I think I might have to wait on the purchase of the conning tower and figures until more fund's are available.

I will be building the revell sub with interior that I have in the stash. Might look for some PE maybe. Pantherman

20230715_145952.jpg

I think I might have to wait on the purchase of the conning tower and figures until more fund's are available.

I will be building the revell sub with interior that I have in the stash. Might look for some PE maybe. Pantherman

View attachment 110964
Just ordered the PE kit which should be here by the weekend so I'm ready to go any time we agree the start date. Pantherman

View attachment 110964
Ohhh, what a toss-up. I like the cut away and the other one I found. Decisions decisions.
:-þ
The conning tower models is a really cool kit.
Someone on this forum did a Das Boot diorama and he did such fantastic work on it!
Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Ohhh, what a toss-up. I like the cut away and the other one I found. Decisions decisions.
:-þ
The conning tower models is a really cool kit.
Someone on this forum did a Das Boot diorama and he did such fantastic work on it!
Check it out if you haven't seen it.
I have been following him and he is in a different league when it comes to figure painting.

Maybe you will just have to toss a coin to decide, although it would be nice if it landed with the cut away option my friend. Pantherman

So, quick question just to clarify for myself, does the kit have to be of a U-Boat? Or is any submarine eligible for this build?
Any submarine you want to build for this build.
Welcome to the group!

So, quick question just to clarify for myself, does the kit have to be of a U-Boat? Or is any submarine eligible for this build?
Anything goes. So if you want to build something unusual, scratch built, Sci fi or just the run of the mill out of the box standard sub, it's up to you.
Welcome to the group build. Pantherman

Thank you!
I have several options ready to go!
That's great. I'm glad you have decided to join.
We are a very laid back group. The only thing we try to do is start around the same time for each build.
Some of our builds are the same kit, for example we built the Adam-12 TV show patrol car.

This build we decided to build a submarine. What ever you want, from Leonardo Di Vinci's submarine to today's nuclear even futuristic, the sky's the limit.
We also do not hold competitions, we just build and have fun.
I couldn't think of a catchy title other than the U-Boat one... I was also hopped up on pain meds, too. I just had a total hip replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago, soooo I was having a little happy time. Lol :-þ

I've been back in the hobby for a little over a year now, and was lucky enough to come across this site and these great guys.
We have become like brothers.

Gary

View attachment 110964
Just opened the kit to check what colours I will need and got to say I'm impressed with the quality and it's alot bigger than I was expecting. Pantherman

That's great. I'm glad you have decided to join.
We are a very laid back group. The only thing we try to do is start around the same time for each build.
Some of our builds are the same kit, for example we built the Adam-12 TV show patrol car.

This build we decided to build a submarine. What ever you want, from Leonardo Di Vinci's submarine to today's nuclear even futuristic, the sky's the limit.
We also do not hold competitions, we just build and have fun.
I couldn't think of a catchy title other than the U-Boat one... I was also hopped up on pain meds, too. I just had a total hip replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago, soooo I was having a little happy time. Lol :-þ

I've been back in the hobby for a little over a year now, and was lucky enough to come across this site and these great guys.
We have become like brothers.

Gary
Thank you, sounds like the perfect group. I don't really go in for competitions, I would rather enjoy the build in a nice community atmosphere with other modelers.

Latest posts

Back