Trumpeter 1/32 Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot A

okb1982

Hi guys,

Its my first time to join the BSC and I am excited to share my entry:D
Its the Trumpy 1/32 Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot.
Im planning to build it OOB with minimal (or zero) AM parts.

DSC_5630.jpg
The kit is shot together with the Sunday's daily (April 1 2012) here in Manila.

This is my first big scale aircraft as I came from building 1/35 choppers.

Please share tips and techniques!:D

Cheers! ;D

Iking

Good luck OKB. Looks like a lot of sprue waiting for you in that box. Should be a stunner when you're done.

thanks a lot guys! :D I love this rugged robust, squat aircraft! large scale planes makes me wet my pants hahaha!:D
I just hope I pull this off nice:D yup it has a LOT of sprues but upon checking the kit, most of the sprues are for weapon sets, while the basic airframe has just the right amount. Im still figuring out what weapons I will mount so I wont have to assemble them all as they are time consuming:)

thanks again!

Cheers! ;D

Iking OKB

Hello Tovarisch,

Here are some updates:
I made the cockpit details using the kit supplied PE parts, plastic parts and decal sheets.
Decal sheets were layered with Mr Softer and will be oversprayed with flat clear to minimize the glaze.
The cockpit flooring were painted/weathered using the Mig Jimenez' technique of sponge-ing.
Here are some pictures:
DSC_5792.jpg

DSC_5791.jpg

DSC_5790.jpg

Here is a sample of the demo pre-shading portion:
The kit fuselage, rudder, wing, intakes and elevators are all dry-fitted together to check the size of this shturmovik.
DSC_5797.jpg

The tiles are 12 inches so this beast is roughly around 24 inches in width and length.

Undersides were test-painted with aircraft grey by Gunze and Im still thinking if Im gonna stick with these as Red A/C usually sports a light blue undersides. Although, I already have seen faded undersides of real frogfoots on videos that's why I am thinking if Im gonna retain this shade. Thoughts guys?
DSC_5807.jpg

DSC_5802.jpg

Cheers! ;D

Iking

Coming together pretty fast and it looks great! Can't wait to see the camo.

Cheers!

Tovarisch!!!

Even though I don't understand the word ;D (hindi ka naman Russ) lol

The office looks great, Chief!!!

thanks flipflop and ER for the kind words!:D subassemblies are being completed, I only have paint sppedbumps as I need to have an RLM grey for the landing gear cavities:D

Cheers! 8)
Iking

Which camo scheme are you going to do? That bird has some very nice camos...

Great job on the cockpit. I'm having trouble determining just how big this kit is. Must be a good size if 1/32.

Wow, that cockpit looks great, nice work. brings back memories of my attempts at playing "Lock On: Modern Air Combat", the Frogfoot was the basic flight trainer in the game. Almost want to see if I can run some of my old flight sims on the newish computer.

Keep the progress pics coming!

Hi FLipflop, I might sport a soviet AF camo for this one, afghan tone of sand yellow, brown and green. It really has good set of camo particularly the Czech AF spotted scheme:D It is good but Im making this as a part of the trio of Su-25, Mi-24 and Mi-17 all afghan war birds :D

thanks carsenault, slw45, noname!:D
I also did play Lock On hehe!
The cockpit details are all OOB and the kit-supplied decals were utilized.:)
Yup this is a good sized kit. Its not long, its stubby but it has a wide wingspan.

Cheers! ;D

Iking

making great progress, Komrade!!!

I'm gettin roadblocks after roadblocks... the kit has really got some issues I might say!!! is this a preparation build for the Panda? lol

Latest posts

Back