Trumpeter 1/32 Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot A

Zdrastvooite Tovarisch!

Well, after a minor injury, i was finally back and did these progress for my entry. :)

DSC_5876.jpg

DSC_5874.jpg
I managed to mate the fuselage halves and the engine compartment together with the wings and rudder.

Gaps were filled with plastic cement and are being sanded off to trim them of uneven surfaces. I do hope they all turn out well as careful sanding is needed to preserve the crisp panel lines and rivet flushes on the kit parts.

DSC_5875.jpg
Engine compartment will be detailed soon with some plumbing as I still do not know if ill leave it open or closed :S

DSC_5871.jpg
Some of the ordnances were also assembled as shown above.
I initially chose the following:
KMGU-2 cluster bomb unit
FAB-500 GP bomb
FAB-100 GP bomb (these will be carried on a 6-pack dispenser unit)
KAB-500L LGB unit
Kh-29L Kedge Laser guided ASM
Kh-29T Kedge TV-guided ASM

Cheers! ;D

Iking

Love that Shot !!! I love the paint job big time.... Great pre-shading....
The cockpit is to die for !!!
DSC_5802.jpg

Keep up the good work !!!

Norm.

Hi fellas,

Thanks SW and ER!

i have minor updates for now as work does not permit me to maximize the time to build this plus ive got other pending stuff and builds that also needs care:)

here are some updates:
I assmebled the landing gears way back and about to mount them already when i had the inkling to add some tubing and plumbings.
I then used some twist ties and some lead wires and molded them around the landing gear struts to simulate the wirings for the brakes and suspensions.
DSC_5883.jpg

DSC_5885.jpg

I cut some sprue bar and simulated the brake mechanism also.
It was painted with enamel paints and washed with enamel wash to finish it off.

Finised gears though i will still use d/brushing for this and pigment applications for the dirt, grime and all the other grit that makes an aircraft a soviet aircraft:D
DSC_5889.jpg

DSC_5890.jpg

I also tried to test the sand camo using Gunze Mr Color 19 Sandy Brown but im not yet that satisfied hehe! I might thin it with flat white to lighten it up as it has a tendency to darken when black-washed.
DSC_5903.jpg

finished underside:
DSC_5911.jpg

Here are some of the Grach's comrades Mi-17 and Mi-24.
DSC_5928.jpg
I want to name the goup as 'The Bagram Troika'.
Mi-24 is close to finish and the Hip is still just catching the black paint leftovers for its preshade.

cheers!

OKB

Great thanks for the kind words Merseajohn, NDrummer, and TRM!
I am just squeezing my resources here for the minimal plumbings by using whatever resource that i can get without resorting to AM parts yet as I intend to keep this build simple :D

here's a bit of updates.
What I got from the mailman are the following treats!
Zactomodels APU launch rail for the R-60
Profimodeller Su-25 Intake and Exhaust covers
DSC_6255.jpg

DSC_6256.jpg
The launch rails are molded perfectly (thanks Zactoman!)

I bought the launch rails as Trumpeter forgot to include the weapon stations 1 and 10 pylons for the Molniya R-60 missiles.
It is strange that the mounting holes are drilled on the wing but the pylons are not included in the kit :S

Anyway, I also tried to mix the camouflage already.
For here, I used Gunze paints Light Sand, Red Brown and Green.
DSC_6257.jpg

DSC_6263.jpg
The tone is lighter if you notice as I did made some buffer as this will darken once the darkwash is applied.
I might add a bit of color overspray on the colors to simulate wear and tear and fading.

Thanks for looking guys! :D

Cheers!

Iking

The blackberry cp looks great! I mean the bird! what I can
I say you got a kremlin for a house lol

btw JMCA selling the 1/48 frogfoot in his stash, bilhin
mo na! lol

so you could have a junior komrade!
lol
pasalubong namin?!
ER

Thanks Schwinhund and ER! ;D

I finalized the camo and will start with mounting the pylons already so i can begin the decal and weathering procedure:D
Camo tone will be this way.

Some pics:
DSC_6360-3.jpg

DSC_6365-3.jpg

DSC_6370-3.jpg

Cheers!:D

Iking

You know, the Frogfoot was kinda starting to grow on me and now seeing this nice build get pieced together is cementing a place in my heart for this bird. Thumbs up dude.

Back