Touch-N-Flow use help

glennonrp

I just got a Touch-N-Flow (TNF) yesterday and put it to use tonight. For the most part, I really like it. The needle makes a precise application of the plastic solvent and allows me to make fantastic seams. But, I also end up spilling solvent from the squeeze bottle when filling the glass tube, and/or having solvent run down the outside of the tube.

I feel like I'm missing some trick toward using this. Any help?

Okay, turns out Google is my friend and although I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own, I did manage to read the product page from the company and it clarified the use for me.

The squeeze bottle that comes with the set has a removable syringe. If you remove the syringe by twisting the little plastic base, you can the put the glass end of the TNF into the squeeze bottle to use it to draw solvent upward into the tube.

This is the page that has the information. http://www.flex-i-file.com/touch-n-flow-system.php

For what it's worth, I think this is a really cool little solvent applicator. I wish there was one for CA glue, too. I am using a tapestry needle with the eye filled partially off (leaving a Y shape) to apply CA right now and it works pretty good. But, this TNF is very convenient and makes using plastic solvent so much easier.

The company makes a CA applicator, but it's basically what I made. It's a little Y shaped metal needle in a handle. I put my tapestry needle in my pin vise and it does the same thing. I'd like one with a reservoir so you dont have to scoop and place, scoop and place.

First world problems. :)

I imagine the CA would dry too quickly in one anyways and there would be no way to get it out once dry.

??? you bought a bottile with a needle to apply glue? why not buy the glue with the needle? or can you not get that were you are?

I have a home made touch n flow that was made by one of the local club members using a ink tube from a disposible pen, a syringe needle and some epoxy, works quite well actually. The TnF should work on the same principle. What I do is simply put the tube directly in my liquid cement (in this case Tenax 7R since it has a tall skinny bottle) and let the capillary action draw the Tenax directly into the tube. It should draw in enough to do a 6 inch seam each time. Just be sure to let all the tenax run out before you put it away, it will pretty much just wick away if you draw the needle over some paper or card stock.

spud said:
??? you bought a bottile with a needle to apply glue? why not buy the glue with the needle? or can you not get that were you are?

No, it's a very thin glass tube with a needle at the end that applies plastic cement. It makes a very very thin line of solvent.

Carsenault said:
I have a home made touch n flow that was made by one of the local club members using a ink tube from a disposible pen, a syringe needle and some epoxy, works quite well actually. The TnF should work on the same principle. What I do is simply put the tube directly in my liquid cement (in this case Tenax 7R since it has a tall skinny bottle) and let the capillary action draw the Tenax directly into the tube. It should draw in enough to do a 6 inch seam each time. Just be sure to let all the tenax run out before you put it away, it will pretty much just wick away if you draw the needle over some paper or card stock.

I tried that but it didn't seem to work. But, I did figure out how to use the squeeze bottle with it. So, it's all good now. :)

Latest posts

Back