Really do not know what else to try...

hoakin1981

So the front part of this nice little Type 214 1/350 sub made by Wolfpack is basically a cap that "obviously" would require some work after gluing...

What you see in the photo is the best I have been able to achieve after messing with it for a day. I have filled in the seams/gaps with putty, but the two parts (the "cap" and rest of the sub) still do not match 100%. There is still a small gap between the two which is most pronounced on the upper section (marked in red) but more or less is like this all around the cap like this.

I have tried:
  • Mr. Surfacer 500
  • Mr. Dissolved Putty
  • Mr. White Putty R
  • Green Putty
  • Vallejo Plastic Putty
I have used dry cotton swabs or with water/thinner (according to the each putty) but I always end up with the putty smeared all over the place. With Mr. Surfacer 500 and Mr. Dissolved Putty when i set them on the gaps and come back a couple of hours later with a swab with thinner i end up with the same gaps in the end.

Normally i would drown the gaps in Mr. Surfacer 500 and then sand the section but if i do that here i am confident that all the torpedo tubes (panels) in the front will be gone and I can't have that because there is no way i can bring them back afterwards.

Also I do not have a lot of space to work with here since the height of the front section you are seeing is less than one inch.

Am i doing anything wrong? Should I leave Mr. Surfacer 500 on for longer?

Thanks in advance

Untitled_21.jpg

So the front part of this nice little Type 214 1/350 sub made by Wolfpack is basically a cap that "obviously" would require some work after gluing...

What you see in the photo is the best I have been able to achieve after messing with it for a day. I have filled in the seams/gaps with putty, but the two parts (the "cap" and rest of the sub) still do not match 100%. There is still a small gap between the two which is most pronounced on the upper section (marked in red) but more or less is like this all around the cap like this.

I have tried:
  • Mr. Surfacer 500
  • Mr. Dissolved Putty
  • Mr. White Putty R
  • Green Putty
  • Vallejo Plastic Putty
I have used dry cotton swabs or with water/thinner (according to the each putty) but I always end up with the putty smeared all over the place. With Mr. Surfacer 500 and Mr. Dissolved Putty when i set them on the gaps and come back a couple of hours later with a swab with thinner i end up with the same gaps in the end.

Normally i would drown the gaps in Mr. Surfacer 500 and then sand the section but if i do that here i am confident that all the torpedo tubes (panels) in the front will be gone and I can't have that because there is no way i can bring them back afterwards.

Also I do not have a lot of space to work with here since the height of the front section you are seeing is less than one inch.

Am i doing anything wrong? Should I leave Mr. Surfacer 500 on for longer?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 113245
I also had real problems with the top seams on the revell sub (probably because I added light strip where it wasn't designed for), it took a few goes but I do like this filler. Pantherman

Screenshot_20240204_213809_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Milliputt is nice. Two part epoxy that can be worked/cleaned with water until it hardens. Usually I jam it into gaps, sculpt a bit if needed, then wipe with a wet cloth or q-tip to remove excess overflow

I would have tried some kit sprue, stretched and laid into the seam, with some liquid styrene cement brushed over it.

Latest posts

Back