Tinting White Camo differently for different basecoats

McKeever

One thing I have learned is that for whitewash/winter camo, you should taint the white to avoid a paper white effect, which makes it look like a toy. I have always used just a couple of drops of translucent blue, to give the white a 'cold' feeling to it, and to break up the paper white,but that was with greys (Schwarzgrau or RLM 02).
My question is if I should also use that mix (white tinted with just a hint of translucent blue) on a Stug III F8 in sandgelb, or if I should instead taint it with a yellow.Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Ken Abrams said:
If you follow this link below and scroll down to reply #22, you will see I use a few different shades of tinted white oil paint and acrylics to vary the white wash greatly. From off whites, to light greys, to dirty whites, this will keep the color from being one solid bright stark white.

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,4045.15.html

But do the shades differ depending on what basecoat it is on? Apart from washes or filters, I am referring to a couple of drops in the whitecoat. ...

For me no, the base color has no bearing on the white wash. Green, yellow, grey... I always apply it in the same manner.

Latest posts

Back