time for....a fm 1/72 tie

Thanks. In retrospect, I should have just scratched something completely new.

I probably will if i ever do a 1/48 tie....

That look's cool though. And I like that your going to put some storm troopers in there, but where do you get troopers in that tiny scale?

You get some troopers in the 1/72 tie kit (and some posed ones in the 1/72 falcon kit)

pics with TIE...

Mind you , it still isn't done. There's lots of sanding and painting to be done of that desert

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do I see a Falcon landing baffle and a part from the slave 1 wing on there!? Looks great mate. I love how you've made it in the desert, likes it an outpost on tattooine or something. Great

merseajohn said:
Do I see a Falcon landing baffle and a part from the slave 1 wing on there!? Looks great mate. I love how you've made it in the desert, likes it an outpost on tattooine or something. Great
there's a few parts from the falcon landing gear, a viper mk 2 langing gear (since I like stuff flying, I imagine that most of my greeblies will come from landing gear) and the power generator is part of a christmas tree ornament. I also had the photoetch from the viper for the contol panel

So first you ace the build and then you raise the bar with an awesome base. I really, really like that idea.

Thanks a lot!

I've done some more work so I'll post some pics on monday. I've been working with the sand and I'm still not sure that I like the results. I used a jar of desert sand paste and I don't thing it really works with this scale. I would have used dura-bond but it's so brittle I was afraid that it wouldn't stand the test on time.

The sand paste I have is okay but it doesn't sand as well as I'd like. It's a bit flexible. However, it does look good when air-brushed.

I also started on the stormtroopers and droid today. I used white gloss paint for the first time and my airbrushing chops/tool didn't seem to like it very well. I might strip them and start from scratch

here's a few more close ups. Like I say, I''m still not sure about the sand. I might just accept that this TIE is landed on a planet a long time a go in a galaxy far, far away

and...more

Still haven't finished the stormtroopers and droid. They'll be here for the finished product!

Latest posts

Back