time for....a fm 1/72 tie

astroboy

Did this one up on the weekend. Not a bad kit but I hate the windsheild/ top hatch parts. I'd rather have them without the glass.

So i haven't attached the front glass yet. I'm not very satisfied with it. I haven't decided what to do with it. I'm also going to make a custom stand for it too. More pics when I'm done

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very nice mate! I'd also prefer the frames to be without the glass, it hides the detail of the cockpit. Dipping it in klear at least gives a nice shiny finish?

Excellent! Glass or no glass, you've done a superb job with that canopy.

it's not that I hate the glass, I just don't like the sloppiness of masking off bits on clear plastic. It's MUCH nicer when you have two parts

Yip, I made a right old mess of the masking on my 1/72nd Interceptor. Would be much nicer if the window frame and the glass were seperate parts.

i found the masks to work well but additional pressure using the tip of a cocktail stick to make sure that the corners are well pressed down.

hope this helps

Too bad I didn't wisen up and just get that one instead.

I'm curious about painting something that large..

I agreee---the wash really makes the details pop out on this..I didn't do one on my 1:48, just because I liked the cleaner more "Imperial" mass produced look of unweathered. I didn't have any problems painting it...it's not really that large. It is very well thought out in terms of what peices to paint when.

Glorfindel said:
Is that a scratchbuilt base? That looks cool. Guessing it holds the Tie in the air, sort of?

Well, it's a heavily modified FM base. used greeblies and parts from other stuff to make it a landing platform on tatooine. I'll add a few stormtroopers when I get further along

Latest posts

Back