TIGER I MID-PRODUCTION

MrT

Well with my contest build all wrapped up it's time to get back to tracks. My newest project is a mid-production Tiger I. I will be adding some things as we go along like maybe an interior and photo-etch zimmert. Who knows what will happen. Here's some pictures to get things started.

DSC06650.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06648.jpg

DSC07572.jpg

I have done some work on the lower hull. The torsion bars are on and some of the PE zimmert. The zimmert took a lot trimming and cutting to get it to fit, but I got most of it on and the rear hull. The rear hull is pretty much done. Here are some update pictures and comments and questions are welcome.

DSC07591.jpg

DSC07593.jpg

DSC07594.jpg

DSC07595.jpg

DSC07596.jpg

Terry 8)

Nice T this was the first tank I ever built so I'm looking forward to seein a pro do the biz...

geegad said:
Nice T this was the first tank I ever built so I'm looking forward to seein a pro do the biz...

Oh my no pro here!! I'll do the best I can.

Thanks gee

merseajohn said:
Nice start Terry, that interior looks great.

Man it's a lot resin to work through. I'm going to get the hull and running gear done first then tackle the resin.

Thanks John

hmmm seems like Tiger fest ;D

is the Zim easy to cut Terry? i was thinking of getting some of this pe zim before i went with the Atak Resin Zim for my Panther wich is easy to cut and break for battle damage.

Great start Terry,

spud said:
hmmm seems like Tiger fest ;D

is the Zim easy to cut Terry? i was thinking of getting some of this pe zim before i went with the Atak Resin Zim for my Panther wich is easy to cut and break for battle damage.

Great start Terry,

Thanks Spud! No it's not. I did my trimming with scissors, but battle damage would hard to do I think.

Terry 8)

ah just as i taught. ill stick with the resin stuff then, thanks for the info Terry

You're welcome! Never tried the PE stuff before and thought I would give it a whirl.

Terry 8)

Howdy Terry,

after your terrific M48 job... following this is a must be, man

If this build is going to be of the same level than the Patton, the resulting model will be impressive.

I have a doubt: what about the tracks of this Tamiya kit ?? are the tracks "OK" ? Do they need to be replaced?

I don´t know from when (year) is this Tamiya model kit, but I can remember perfectly ( :p ) the terribly-undetailed tracks of the first Tiger I kit that Tamiya produced (the model had a myriad of flaws, but I think that the tracks got the razzie) ...

Thanks for sharing, Terry ;)
RG

Jelly said:
Howdy Terry,

after your terrific M48 job... following this is a must be, man

If this build is going to be of the same level than the Patton, the resulting model will be impressive.

I have a doubt: what about the tracks of this Tamiya kit ?? are the tracks "OK" ? Do they need to be replaced?

I don´t know from when (year) is this Tamiya model kit, but I can remember perfectly ( :p ) the terribly-undetailed tracks of the first Tiger I kit that Tamiya produced (the model had a myriad of flaws, but I think that the tracks got the razzie) ...

Thanks for sharing, Terry ;)
RG

Thanks Rob!!! The tracks in the kit are indivdule links, but I haven't really looked at them. I am going to use Friulmodel metal tracks for the late Tiger I with the snow cleats, but I would think the kit tracks are probably better then Tamiya's first attempt.

Terry 8)

Mr.T, looks like you got alot of extras for this build. Very nice. Never used P.E. zimmerit, is it easy
to apply? Might have to try it, it looks terrific. Enjoy this one. I love tigers. ROAR! Bill

PANZERMAN said:
Mr.T, looks like you got alot of extras for this build. Very nice. Never used P.E. zimmerit, is it easy
to apply? Might have to try it, it looks terrific. Enjoy this one. I love tigers. ROAR! Bill

Hahaha not it's not easy to do, but I'm committed.

Thanks Man!

schweinhund227 said:
Wow ! all that P.E. Zimm that's Krazy !

My hat to you for getting through that !!!

Keep up the good work MrT!

See ya !

Thanks Man!!!

Still working on the lower hull and adding the PE zimmert. After finishing the rear hull the zim is going on better. The side hull piece fits fine, but I had to drill the PE for the side fenders and for a cable attached to the hull. Here are the progress pictures and comments are welcome.

Terry 8)

DSC07605.jpg

Added the side fenders and then using a scribe separated the fender sections so that I could bend them.

DSC07606.jpg

DSC07607.jpg

Added the PE zimmert to the front hull.

DSC07608.jpg

DSC07609.jpg

Here is what things look like right now.

DSC07610.jpg

Latest posts

Back