The Battle of the Hoth

Thanks all. Is their anything specific you would like to see in the next vid?

Basically I have to finish the other 2 AT-ATS but that's kinda boring as far as video goes. Could start on the ion cannon. Start to modify the little Falcon or Transport. Could start roughing in the ground work but it would be nice to have the AT-ATs assembled before that.

I dunno, any requests?

GvendurE said:
Thanks for the last episode I liked it.
I work in electronics and I highly recommend if anybody is purchasing there tools for doing lighting or electronics to get a soldering Iron or a soldering pen instead of a soldering gun. They are allot esyer to work with on small stuff like LED´s. But if you have a soldering gunn and like working with it than that is cool to its all about what you are comfortable working with.

Pace oute
or somfing.

Got my Soldering Iron! Now to get to work!

I want to see lots of detail and idea's in the next vid, and maybe the tip of the week thing etc. (response to scott's previous question)

Hey there Scott,

What you want is what would be considered a soldering pencil.

Something similar to this:

c48d91c6f7d043e5caff1cb0a0d3a760.jpg

This one has variable power from 0-40W, they also have one that is 0-80W. I have one here at the house that I used when I was in electronics, and while I haven't tried soldering PE, it is on my list of things to try.

I don't recall if mine is a 40W or an 80W, I got it while I was at NBCC Moncton part of the Electronics program. I know it works awesome for that, and plan to use it for lighting up my NX-01.

A soldering pencil is a little easier to wield than a big gun, and you have more control with it. The big guns are fine for doing wiring in a car, but are a little over kill when working on electronics where you need a little more control with the heat. Give you just enough to melt solder, but not so much that you end up killing resistors and capacitors!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see if they had them. Probably not a Weller, which is the Nike of the soldering world, but for what you are going to use it for it would be fine.

Something else if you wanted to go cordless, there is a butane soldering iron. Basically the pencil part, takes a butane cylinder in the handle, similar to a butane curling iron. Great for cord free. Used them when I worked in the alarm business. Came in handy when you didn't have a plug around. They are quite a bit more money however!

Save some vid time to go into details when you do get around to doing the ground work.

I got the gluing styrene bit down, but definitely a newb when it comes to replicating terrain.

Keep up the great work!

Hey jetjock. Yeah, i agree. Trying to get a bit ahead of the game now so I can do that.

I will have a new video this week for sure. I wanted to have one ready last week but time didn't allow for it.

I've been working alot on the new website for SMA plus 'work-work' is as busy as ever.

Wow, been a while since I made a video. I now finally have one 'in the can'. Might have a chance to edit and upload tonight. Been really busy trying to get ready for CAMS.

Here a pic of my progress.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks guys. You know how it is...you finish something and got to show people. Of course this isn't the complete HOTH scene. I finished this as a test - to try out snow...and to have something new for the model show tomorrow. When I build the big scene I'll simply pull these kits off of this, clean em up a bit and reuse.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back