The Battle of the Hoth

LOL! OMG! That's going to be so kickin'! I was looking at starship modeler and I was thinking of doing a diorama of the Battle of Wolf 359. I'm just not too sure how THAT'S going to work.

Yeah it's a biggy. Not sure where I'll put it and it won't fit in the car so to take it to any shows I'll need to borrow a mini van.

Here a pic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

@JMac - I agree the KT builds are incredible
@DreamKnight - What's Battle of Wolf 359? I'm such a noob.
@BB. Your Tiger build is AMAZING.

Have you though of making the base in to say 3 pieces?

The Battle of Wolf 359 was a battle that took place when the Borg assimilated Capt. Picard and used his knowledge of Starfleet. The borg took bee-lined towards earth to assimilate the Federation. Star Fleet gathered all the ships the could in the nearby area which was about 40 ships to intercept the Borg ship (in sector Wolf 359). Kinda the last line defense before the borg gets to Earth. Since they assimilated Picards knowledge, they just completely decimated the fleet.

When the Enterprise finally got there (Captained by Riker at this point) all you see is just starships destroyed everywhere. Second of the best battle scenes in the Star Trek shows. The first being the final attack on Cardasia during the Dominion War in DS9 (Fleet of Federation, Romulans and Klingon ships against Cardasians and Dominion ships). lol But I think I lost people if they ain't Star Trek fans.

Cool. I don't know a thing really about Trek.

As for 3 pieces, I thought of doing something like that but I'm just gonna leave it as is - scribing the AT-ATs now...fun.

One problem with breaking the base into pieces would be hiding the joints between segments...

Could rent/borrow a truck for the show.

Trek is cool. I'm one of those two sided geeks. Trekkie + Star Wars (really anything sci-fi suits me)

Yeh I see what you guys mean about the seams. Have fun scribing! :)

HWR MKII said:
Scott Girvan said:
Great idea Sean. So it would be like it was hit and exploded revealing some of the guts (head and leg)

I don't think just having a cutaway version would fit in very well anyway.

Just like in the film after Wedge and Janson downed the one. Another speeder came back to finish it off.

It was impressive how after the AT-AT fell down, its armor was suddenly not too strong for blasters...

Ever seen "Robot Chicken Star Wars"? They had a nice AT-AT interior scene taking place right after Luke threw the grenade inside that one... XD

The common idea behind the ATAT blowing up was that the armor had cracked and buckled in some way from the impact with the ground. ALso the hit looked to be at the neck. which would be easier to hit in a strafing run on the ground than trying to hit in the air. The speeder walked the fire right over the head to the neck.

ALso i reviewed the scenes. Lukes speeder had the grey stripes on it. Seems all others just used the red stripe models, Even wedge.

Cool, yeah I'm gonna try to model it knocked out. Should be fun. Never saw that Tetsujin, I should youtube it. Thanks for the color info Sean. I have 4 sets of the F-Toys on the way from Hong Kong, I'll have to repaint 2 of the grey ones red.

I'm thinking - to model this AT-AT knocked out it would help to have some reference. Anyone with links to good pics of blow out armor? TANKS.

dude that base looks sick you got some handy dandy wood working skills there pretty sweet :eek:

Thanks. Nice thing about wood is that it's so forgiving. You can shape it easily and if you screw up, wood filler.

Thanks Spencer. I hope I can build the AT-AT's well. Scribing is difficult. Especially around the diameter of the feet. ARGH!

Good tip! Yeah I find I can only work for a half hour and then I get impatient and screw up.

Oooh... rebel medium transports will be there too? Nice ^^

And I saw a few "Robot chicken" episodes, it really made me laugh, try to see them.
(Sorry, i don't have any reference for the blown out At-at, apart from the dvds).

Latest posts

Back