The Battle of the Hoth

Junkie

This is the spot to discuss and share info ; about Hoth, AT-AT's, Rebel Base etc...

Awesome choice !
Put away the lousy tanks (no offense, great kits to build, but...Starwars, man ^^)
Can't wait to watch the building of it.

You know, the first time I heard Scott say "Hoth" I heard "Hoff" and it kinda scared me there for a few moments. lol

@JMac: Yes. The new vids will shed some light on the subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqX7uYLlqaI

So, this is going to be a diorama then? Have you discussed this with the wife yet? It sounds BIIIIIIG!!

I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission. And she just called me idiot.

Nice Drum Solo. Not Innagadda davida, but nice. . . .
As I have fallen way behind on the Tiger, I will not chastise you at all.
Looking forward to season 3 Scott,
as well as getting back into the Nerd Forums. . .
I take it the helicopter build is still years away?

Sweet videos Scott!! dude. im stoked about season 3. just curious if you ever made any progress on the 1/72 tank dio you were doin? i seem to remember it coming along quite nicely :)

Good stuff Scott. I have an ATAT i detailed up based on pics in Star wars Chronicles. Its base painted and needs weathering. Ill be your tech advisor again if you like. Going to start weathering it soon. I just need a snow speeder to complete it and the base. The latest issue didnt have the speeders in the box just the turrets. Ill post up some WIP shots soon for this weathering test. Just to float some ideas for you.

Thanks folks!

@Ialarmu - Yup. And a big one at that.
@Mac - Drums are fun. I'm not a 'drummer' but I bang on them. Chopper? Eventually.
@MrNatural - Not much progress. I got bored of gluing all that tall grass and it just kind of ended up sitting on the shelf. I'll finish it some day.
@HWR MKII - Yup. PM sent.

Great videos Scott, just watched them. Glad your back to building...

Hi, Scott, I got to watch the new video the other night, looks like a great project!

Glad to see you found your toque, too ;)

I'm curious about the snow speeders that were included in the kit-they're solid-cast, aren't they, and not little kits in their own right?

They are in 2 pieces. Top and bottom. Yesterday I ordered 4 of the F-Toys kits. That will give me 8, 1/144 scale snow speeders. I did some measurements and find that they will look right with the rest of the stuff. The speeders that come with the kit are decent, but since I don't plan on building another Battle of the Hoth, I thought I'd go for it. The F-Toys kits are a bit higher detailed too. Well, here's a link.

http://antsizedman.blogspot.com/2009/08/star-wars-1144-snowspeeder.html

Ah, ok, thanks! You reminded my of the scale of those speeders, too. When you noted that they were a little too small, I was trying to judge the size by the size of the AT-AT's foot, and trying to picture the action scenes.

The dio kit is pretty cool. It reminds me of the old Airfix diorama kits I built as a kid--vacuform base, figures and ordnance, all in one box. You're whetting my appetite to track this one down :D

Keep in mind though that I'm not actually building the diorama kit. I am using the 'larger' MPC AT-ATs. This diorama will be approx 24" wide by 5' long.

I have to say. I am VERY impressed with this idea. I mean, Star Wars is great and fun. Also very nostalgic and millions love it. But what great memories do you get from a King Tiger? NONE. Just hatrid, murder and sadness. Also, tanks are ugly and dirty and are in the most awful colors.

This idea, is a VAST improvement. Thankyou Scott, this is going to be incredible :)

-Spencer

The vehicles in Star Wars may be "dirty" but in my opinion, they have stylistic weathering which looks cool. Tanks don't, just mud. egh. lol

Latest posts

Back