The Battle of the Hoth

One medium transport. Found some cool destroyed tank pics online. Just Google knocked out tank.

On the point about woodworking skills and wood filler, you can use it as a filler on figures, too, metal ones, anyway. I've used Elmer's wood filler to fill joints. Shoot it with some CA glue when it's dried, and it can be sanded or filed like any other putty.

Thanks. One of the goals of this diorama is to try to portray the scope of the battlefield. Can't do that on a small display.

I'll have a new vid up by Wednesday.

Just got the F-Toys Snowspeeders and they are....AWESOME. Really incredible little kits. I'll have a review of them on the next show.

Just saw the videos, Scott, and you're right, those F-Toys speeders are little gems of kits.

There's a lot of really cool miniature stuff like that coming out of Hong Kit and Japan (where I think you can even get little die-cast and plastice toys out of vending machines, gnarly!)

When you put the F-Toys speeders next to the kit speeders, I could see what you meant about their size and scale. The kit speeders look like they might scale out around 1/155 or 1/160, somewhere around there. Just enough to be visibly smaller than the 1/144 speeders.

Lots of nice creative gizmology on the walkers, too! Though there's one piece I thought I noticed on the kit--the butt end of the AT-AT looks like it has a German armored car body on it. It made me wonder if ILM chopped up a bunch of Tamiya kits, when they built these things :D

They did. There are Tamiya armor kits on A LOT of ILM models.

Yeah the F-Toys are great. I'm calling this a 1/144 diorama.

Scott Girvan said:
I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission. And she just called me idiot.

LOL !!! I get that alot ! LOL
you can feel the LUV when they say that !!! :-*

Just don't Bend to the Peer pressure... take your time with this....

Norm

OUT !

Yeah.....Valley Joe.............

Think of it this way.............

Vallejo - Val - eh - ho

It is Spanish, so the J is silent, more like an H

But still funny none the less!

Nice work on the little turret, Scott. And I liked your hat in the first part of the video

Here are a couple of pics comparing the Revel and MPC AT-ATs along with snowspeeders from the MPC kit, F-Toy and Fantastic Plastic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hmm...Fantastic Plastic's speeder has some flash, doesn't it? Doesn't look too bad, but it's there. Is it also cast as a single piece, or in separate pieces, like the F-Toy's speeder?

A bit of flash, yes that's the little one, it's the one included with the MPC AT-AT. Just a top and bottom. The Fantastic Plastic one is the larger one pictured. It's 1:72. It's in several pieces. A 'real' kit. I can't remember how many but around 20 or so.

Ah, my mistake, that's MPC, OK. Is that actually made by Airfix, then? I know that MPC was the distributor here in the States, back in the day, for Airfix aircraft kits, maybe other subjects, too, but all I bought were the planes. They had the 3-in-1 series, of a kit with 3 different subjects represented on the decals. I think they were a subsidiary of General Mills at one point, too. (I like model company history :) )

Wow...saw the last episodes...
First, it was cool to have Modelman Tom, it felt a bit like a comic cross over, confusing when you watch SMA and MMT.
(And Tom, please give us a NEW tip next time ;))

Otherwise, good to see the progress on the AT-AT.

And i think i'm gonna keep one of your phrases, Scott:
[quote author=Scott Girvan]Not pretty, but it works...in a way, a lot like me[/quote]

Edit: Ok, didn't know for the tip. it's a good one anyway, i'll use it.

In Tom's defense, He sent that tip in August - before it was posted anywhere else.

Thanks alot for watchin!

Thanks for the last episode I liked it.
I work in electronics and I highly recommend if anybody is purchasing there tools for doing lighting or electronics to get a soldering Iron or a soldering pen instead of a soldering gun. They are allot esyer to work with on small stuff like LED´s. But if you have a soldering gunn and like working with it than that is cool to its all about what you are comfortable working with.

Pace oute
or somfing.

Latest posts

Back