The adversaries face off....

Fantastic work mate!!
Great idea, great concept, and great execution. That's a lot of work for 3 months, not to mention all the video work you've done too.
Congratulations on a brilliant finish!!

this certainly was an epic vision you had. amazing work. the models came out great! the ground work, superb! and that castle, I definitely want to get a few for the stash after seeing you work on that thing. Great job buddy. You should be proud.

Well, i certainly had my doubts that you could finish this in time, but you came through.
Great diorama building!
Sorry about the resin problem, but i guess you live and learn.

Now i'm wondering just where you are going to keep that huge thing.

That turned out fantastic.
And the problems you had? I think you taught us all a bunch on dealing with them

The finished product looks fantastic! A monster of a build, in more ways than one.

Thankyou for documenting it all so well, Grendels, through the highs and lows.

You've got me thinking I could try my hand a diorama one day. Not soon and certainly not as big as this, but one day.

Great job. ;)

That is just excellent John this is like a epic movie for example Lord of the Rings when they where done nothing else came along to fill the void and still hasn't this is the same every other day there was a post now it to is done from the trials and tribulations of a GODZILLA Diorama.

Good work Dave (XXXNITRO)

Aaaah! John! This is done! Glad you made it!

Sad to hear, your foam melted! That stuff is wickly strong! But all in all, your Dio is a "snap shot" of that movie!

Superbly done!

Norm out!

I just wish, I can do mine, justice when they come? Still stuck in the mail....

Best of luck with the contest!

TRM: Nope, but I got it by the lb, 8lbs that is. so I am ready for the next contest!!!!

Thank you Ace, Myke, Cobraleader and Military!!

MrNatural: The castle kits are nice! You can find them on Ebay, but be careful, some of the sellers will get you for shipping.... the company that makes them is Doyusha.

ScaleModelDisciple said:
Now i'm wondering just where you are going to keep that huge thing.

I have a spot planed out. With something this large you have to. The trouble is, I want to build a case for it with glass sides and a roof. That will just make it larger! But it is too nice to just sit on a shelf gathering dust.

Quaralane said:
That turned out fantastic.
And the problems you had? I think you taught us all a bunch on dealing with them

Thank you!! I am a teacher after all. Glad you could learn something.

Igard: Don't be afraid of a diorama. The ground work for this one took me about 40 hours total. That seems like a lot, but about 15 of that was fixing mistakes. It really went together fast, and was fun to do.

XXXNITRO said:
That is just excellent John this is like a epic movie for example Lord of the Rings when they where done nothing else came along to fill the void and still hasn't this is the same every other day there was a post now it to is done from the trials and tribulations of a GODZILLA Diorama.

Good work Dave (XXXNITRO)

Thank you for the kind words. I do feel a void in my life because I now have no Godzilla model to work on. I almost feel like I need to start another kit. But I told myself that I am taking at least a week off from them.

Thank you Norm, without your help on the monster skin, I might not have finished this thing up!

And now I am going to start posting the photos. There are quite a few of them, so I will break them up into parts. This first set is of the main models themselves

20110630_18.jpg20110630_20.jpg20110630_24.jpg20110630_36.jpg20110630_88.jpg20110630_92.jpg20110630_95.jpg20110630_107.jpg20110630_113.jpg20110630_116.jpg20110630_121.jpg

Here is the next set from the diorama itself. These are the same photos I used for the YouTube slide show, but without the added fuzz for effect.

20110630_193.jpg20110630_204.jpg20110630_212.jpg20110630_213.jpg20110630_215.jpg20110630_216.jpg20110630_217.jpg20110630_220.jpg20110630_221.jpg20110630_223.jpg20110630_225.jpg20110630_228.jpg20110630_229.jpg20110630_234.jpg

Fantastic work John, if "coolness" had a volume knob, you just turned it all the way to 11 on this build. ;D The pictures look great, I can't get over the size of this project.

I was scrambling to get my own builds done on time, but always checked in here as there was so much good WiP stuff in this thread.

Well done. Good luck.
JMac.

Not sure if I have said so or not already, BUT this is great, and made more so by the trials, and your resolve to see it through! My hat is off to you, sir.....if I had a hat. :D

Fantastic job ! The dio is great ,, I really love the realism of the cliffs... !
Thanks not only for the great dio, but also the journey !

Great photos! I find after all these years since I watched a Godzilla movie, I still find King Ghidrah quite scary. Can you imagine a monster like that? Flying about terrorizing people?

Yip, I've got to watch these movies again.

Latest posts

Back