Alien Face Hugger 1:1

scifimodeler

Started the face hugger build. All the parts are on the bench. Not too many.

Wow.. I didn't see how extreamly warped and out of alignment this is. I tried to fix this by heating the part but no luck at all. I had to cut out the lady part and spot glue one spot at a time to get it even close. Looks like I will be using a lot of Aves to fill in the huge gaps. But garage kits are this way and that is what makes it lots of fun... More to some...

Vinyl Scott. I tried softening it to mold it back into shape but it is so out of alignment.. I'll just spend some time filling and sculpting with Aves. I also am thinking of shooting some of that expanding liquid foam stuff into it to give it a little weight..

Take care with the foam, it grows quick, could deform. Aves really helped me with the Rancor.

There are 2 kinds of foam. One that really expands a great deal and the other one that expands only a bit. If you use the second one you will be ok.

I'll be waching your build , I have 2 facehuggers on the way from hong kong ( was gonna do 1 for the fall build )
I haven't built a vinyl model yet but I have been talked into it by my Boss at work ( bit of a modeler himself ) plus my son also wants them for his collection too .
Good luck with your build and I'll be rumaging for tips from you ;)

Wow that is a bad gap! Looking forward to this one, haven't seen one built up yet.

Little more work done on the hugger. I filled the gap with Aves and did a little sculpting...

I feel a little dirty posting this next picture :eek:

Shot some primer on her and it looks ok i think... Gonna work on the fingers next..

Strokemondeo - I got this from Hong Kong also but I think mine got its major warping because when I moved there to NC i had in in my garage where it was over 100% for a while.

Stay tuned..

It does look identicle to the one my boss built , apparently there's 2 variations ? normal hugger and a queen hugger or so he tell's me .
he did 2 normal versions and painted one brown and one green , I think the brown option looked better .If I can gethim to send me his photo I'll post it for you so you can take a look at .

Little more progress on the hugger today. Started working on removing the flash on the fingers. Then I started super gluing them and the tail on. More huge gaps again. Lets break out more Aves...

Got the Aves work done. Just have to let it cure and then start blending it all with the dremel.

Stay Tuned :D

Latest posts

Back